The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether PSI employs 2100 people.
For the catalytic process engineering Group we are looking for a
- Performing research on catalytic hydrothermal gasification of process waters within the Horizon2020 project «HyFlexFuel»
- Synthesizing, characterizing, and testing different materials for sulfide absorption and desulfurization of organosulfur compounds under supercritical water conditions
- Applying state-of-the-art analyses (XRD, XRF, N2 adsorption, SEM, TEM)
- Publishing in international leading scientific journals
- Support in supervising master students, doctoral students and trainees
- Supporting teaching at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland (FHNW)
You hold a PhD degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, catalysis, or materials science. Furthermore, you are open-minded and creative and you are naturally resourceful and autonomous. In addition, you are a highly motivated and skilled experimentalist, preferably with a good knowledge of heterogeneous catalysis and / or porous materials (characterization and testing). You possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and a very good command of English. German would be an advantage.
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to two years if the employment starts before 30 September 2019. If the employment starts later, the contract is limited to 30 September 2021.
For further information please contact Dr David Baudouin, phone +41 56 310 56 94, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application online by 31 December 2019 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 5101-05).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland.