Empa - the place where innovation starts
Empa is the research institute for materials science and technology of the ETH Domain and conducts cutting-edge research for the benefit of industry and the well-being of society.
The Automotive Powertrain Technologies Laboratory researches future mobility concepts with low climate and environmental impact. We develop new technical solutions in close contact with science and industry.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a
Scientist or Postdoc in control engineering
in the field of modeling and control of combustion-based energy converters for renewable fuels. Since energy converters have to react on fuels and new fuels give challenges to the system such as air demand, load control and combustion the systems have to become as flexible as possible. The focus of the projects is the flexibilization and the optimal control of such systems.
- Design of measurement, instrumentation and actuation concepts
- Evaluation, setup and programming of rapid prototyping control systems for complex, non-linear systems
- Guiding and interpreting experiments
- Close communication with our industrial and academic partners
- Scientific publications in journals and at conferences
- Work expertise in the areas indicated above
- Master's degree with industrial or academic experience (PhD) in control engineering
- Experience in rapid prototyping systems (preferably dSPACE, Matlab / Simulink / Real-Time Interface)
- Knowledge in communication bus systems
- Good knowledge of the English language (ideally also German)
- Interesting and responsible tasks in the field of applied research
- Close contact to national and international industrial project partners
- Attractive working conditions of the ETH Domain
- If you are looking for a PostDoc position, we offer an excellent academic environment with room for you to enhance your academic career
We are offering a multifaceted and challenging position for 2 year (with the possibility of extension) in a modern research environment with excellent infrastructure.