Empa - the place where innovation starts
Empa is the research institute for materials science and technology of the ETH Domain and conducts cutting-edge research for the benefit of industry and the well-being of society.
The Automotive Powertrain Technologies Laboratory researches future mobility concepts with low climate and environmental impact. We develop new technical solutions in close contact with science and industry.
To strengthen the Automotive Powertrain Technologies Laboratory we are looking for a young
Scientist for pyrolytic hydrogen production and gas/solid separation
for scientific investigations in the field of solid carbon and hydrogen production by using methane pyrolysis for the decarbonization of industrial high-temperature processes.
- Research/development in the field of carbon formation, characterization and granulation.
- Lay-out and installation of gas/solid (carbon/hydrogen) and gas/gas (hydrogen / acetylene / nitrogen) separation laboratory setups.
- Planning, implementation and evaluation of scientific investigations in the field of methane pyrolysis and synthetic energy carriers (SAF, PtL).
- Scientific publications in journals and at conferences.
- Project support for a methane pyrolysis demonstration plant.
- Supervision of students.
- Master and PhD degree in process, chemical, mechanical engineering (or similar).
- Expertise in powders, gas/solid separation and granulation.
- Interest for upscaling laboratory technologies to the demonstrator level.
- Interest for collaboration in interdisciplinary scientific and industrial teams.
- Good knowledge of German and English language.
- Interest on cooperation with industry.
- Interesting and responsible tasks in the field of applied research.
- Development opportunities in an economically and socially important field.
- Contacts to international partners, customers and suppliers.
- Attractive working conditions of the ETH Domain.