Empa - the place where innovation starts
Empa is the research institute for materials science and technology of the ETH Domain and conducts cutting-edge research for the benefit of industry and the well-being of society.
TheTransport at Nanoscale Interfaces Laboratory pioneers the heterogeneous integration of novel nanomaterials in devices by mastering tailored fabrication methods for functional nanostructured interfaces. We develop fundamental understanding in the opto-electronic, thermal and ionic transport properties of low-dimensional materials & devices and transfer our knowledge to applications for quantum technology, energy conversion, and biochemical sensing.
To strengthen our interdisciplinary team, we look for a
Group Leader (Tenure Track) in the area of Nanomaterials Spectroscopy and Photonics
- You lead a research team in the field of nanomaterials spectroscopy.
- You establish an original and creative research portfolio, striving for excellence, develop novel experimental methods and develop your team according to the research portfolio.
- You actively collaborate with other Empa units, with national and international research teams and with industrial partners.
- You communicate your results in peer-reviewed scientific journals and at international conferences.
- You secure external funding and support the laboratory mission.
- PhD degree in physics, nanoscience, materials science, or a closely related field.
- Experience in leading a scientific group.
- Internationally recognized scientific excellence and research independence.
- International collaboration network.
- Proven expertise in space-, energy- and time-resolved spectroscopy on nanomaterials and nanostructures.
- Know-how in developing and successfully implementing customized pump-probe spectroscopy, tip-enhanced Raman spectroscopy, electroluminescence, photoluminescence, cathodo-luminescence, or closely related methods.
- Creative, curious and a talent for interdisciplinary research.
- Demonstrated track-record in project acquisition (SNF, EU or similar)
a challenging executive position at a research institution with excellent infrastructure and broad interdisciplinary surrounding. The position is available upon agreement and will initially be limited to three years. Contract extension and tenure evaluation will be performance based. The work will be carried out at Empa Dübendorf.