Diversity at the university - we seek differentness
We are looking for a Research Assistant for the SNF project “Carmina Burana Online” at the Schola Cantorum Basiliensis (4 years / 48 months). The project aims to produce a digital edition, a musicological study and a practical exploration of the Codex Buranus (Munich, Bayerische Staatsbibliothek Clm 4660-4660a) and the medieval transmission of the so-called Carmina Burana. The project will start in January 2024.
As part of a team of four, you will be responsible for the project’s IT aspects.
• You will create and develop the website and the database of the project, which will be hosting the digital edition giving access to the texts, music texts, and digital images of the sources, as well as audio and video materials documenting the outcomes of the project.
• You will take part in the digital edition by encoding the texts and music in TEI-MEI from existing transcriptions and editions.
• You have recently completed a master’s degree in digital humanities applied to music and musicology.
• You have excellent skills in oral and written English and good skills in at least one of the following languages: French, German, Italian.
• You have excellent teamwork and communication skills.
The Schola Cantorum Basiliensis offers an inspiring environment for practice-oriented research in the field of early music and historically informed performance practice. You will work in an international, transdisciplinary and cooperative team. The employment conditions allow for flexible working hours and locations.
Cultural programme of lectures, concerts, theatre and films
Established implementation of equal pay
Annual working hours and time allowance for further education,
administration and university development
Annual working time (42 hours/week) with the option of
part-time and teleworking
Wide range of internal and external continuing education opportunities
Start Date: per Jan 1, 2024, ending on Dec 31, 2027.
Hochschule für Musik Basel FHNW