- design, implement, train, and evaluate models for NLP applications, in particular large language models as well as speech-to-text and text-to-speech solutions
- integrate the models into operative applications using various frameworks and high-performance computing infrastructure
- possibly take part in our teaching activities
The position is initially limited to three years.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Data Science or Computer Science, or equivalent professional experiences, ML and DL experience required and NLP knowledge an advantage
- strong interest in bringing ML, DL, NLP, and novel data science methods to operation
- experience in ML and data analysis, proven programming skills and experience with DL frameworks (Python, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.)
- desire to work in a team, with regular exchange and co-development
The FHNW Institute for Data Science has a long and successful track record of conducting basic and applied research projects in the domains of data science, machine learning (ML), deep learning (DL), and natural language processing (NLP).
We seek a research assistant or research associate contributing to the development of applied research projects with industry and academic partners.
The successful applicant will work in a team with researchers experienced in AI, ML and data science and contribute to the goal of advancing novel technologies for real-world applications.
Wide range of university sports
Cultural programme of lectures, concerts, theatre and films
Established implementation of equal pay
Targeted promotion of doctoral projects
Annual working time (42 hours/week) with the option of part-time and teleworking
Mentoring programme for career development
Prof. Dr. Daniel Perruchoud, Professor for Data Science, Contact: 056 202 8341
Antje Nawroth, HR Manager, Contact: +41 56 202 72 07