- Head of research at IXDM: responsibility for budget, personnel, strategy and further development of research at IXDM; membership in the IXDM management team; internal and external committee work
- acquisition of third-party-funded research projects; scientific publications; communication of research results via conferences, festivals and exhibitions; networking and positioning of the IXDM in the regional and international context
- active participation in the strategic integration of research and teaching at IXDM (BA Process Design, MA Experimental Design, cross-institutional teaching; supervision of PhD students in the MAKE/SENSE PhD program)
- You have comprehensive design knowledge and experience as well as an established international research network and are eager to promote diversity in personnel and topics at the academy.
- Furthermore, you have successfully acquired third party funding for research projects as well as conducted inter- and transdisciplinary projects.
- You possess excellent communication and organizational skills as well as a qualification in higher education didactics or the willingness to acquire this qualification in the course of the first years.
- Besides that, you have a very good command of written and spoken German and English or the willingness to acquire such skills in the course of the first years.
- Experience in leadership positions and the strategic development of research at universities is desired.
The FHNW strives to increase the proportion of women in professorships and in leadership positions. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive learning environment that actively promotes equity, inclusion, and social justice and therefore seek candidates whose experience, teaching philosophies, and scholarly practice will help expand and support this commitment.
Wide range of university sports
Cultural programme of lectures, concerts, theatre and films
Established implementation of equal pay
Targeted promotion of doctoral projects
Sabbatical for professors for research and practical projects
Annual working hours and time allowance for further education, administration and university development
Freilager-Platz 1, Postfach,
Prof. Matthias Böttger, Head of Institut Experimental Design and Media Cultures IXDM, Contact: +41 61 228 41 18
Lars Bühler, HR Responsible, Contact: +41 61 228 40 63