Internship / trainee in Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry
Solvias is an internationally recognized provider of integrated solutions in contract analytical research, development and manufacturing. The company offers a broad spectrum of services and solutions in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Medical Device, Cell&Gene Therapy and Cosmetic industries. With headquarters near Basel, Switzerland, over 700 highly qualified employees take pride in putting science at the heart of serving customers to bring safer and better products to market faster.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive chemistry student or recent graduate.
This internship opportunity provides students with hands-on experience, coaching and mentoring, as well as the opportunity to gain exposure to the best practices in pharmaceutical analytical chemistry.
As a trainee in the inhalation department, your main objectives will be to perform the following task:
- Study Orally Inhaled and Nasal Drug Products (OINDP) performance using impactor techniques, chromatography, laser diffraction and multiple automation systems.
- Study of the impact of human and technical variations on the performance of OINDPs.
- Research and report relevant scientific literature to improve the understanding of the current challenges faced by pharmaceutical companies for the development of OINDPs and generate new research ideas.
- Collaborate across multiple teams and support the production of content for publications in the specialized press.
In addition to your main objective, you will have the opportunity to learn how to handle and implement the comprehensive GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) regulations and the key software (LIMS, CDS) of the pharmaceutical industry.
Who you are:
You are either an enrolled student or recent Bachelor or Master’s graduate student with a focus on analytical or pharmaceutical chemistry. You are interested in expanding your experience with drug substance testing under GMP with a world leader company in contract research, development and manufacturing. You have a pro-active knowledge sharing mindset with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Sound knowledge in chromatography
- Good knowledge of MS-Office tools
- Fluent in English. German or French are a plus.
- Fast learner with organizational talent, strong team player with good communication skills
- Experiences in GMP or with CDS Chromeleon software are a plus
Duration: 6-9 months fulltime, Start: January 2023
What we currently offer:
Our employees are very close to our hearts. At Solvias, you get:
- a well-structured onboarding program
- intensive training in the beginning
- the possibility for further development
This job offer is a challenging opportunity in a company who values respect, responsibility and reliability. At Solvias everyone counts and contributes to the success of the company. We strive to create an environment where we learn from each other and are open for feedback.