Laboratory-based Scientific Associate – Analysis of Biologics using Spectroscopy (100%)
Solvias is an internationally recognized provider of integrated solutions in contract analytical research, development and manufacturing. The company offers a broad spectrum of services and solutions in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Medical Device, Cell&Gene Therapy and Cosmetic industries. With headquarters near Basel, Switzerland, over 700 highly qualified employees take pride in putting science at the heart of serving customers to bring safer and better products to market faster.
Would you like to become a new member of our team?
Your tasks and challenges
- Analytical testing for customer projects in the area of biopharmaceutical molecules (proteins) using spectroscopy
- Guidance for daily laboratory work & planning support (e.g. person of contact for analytical questions in the laboratory)
- Integrate and work in a mixed team of 11-13 people (apprentice, technicians & scientists) using techniques such as UV Absorbance, Fluorescence, FTIR, CD, DLS, SEC/AF4-MALS, AUC, nanoDSC
- Work in GMP-environment (e.g. method development and validation studies)
- Writing of documents in English
- Responsibility for instruments in a qualified environment including performance of periodic tests, organization of maintenance etc.
- Several years of industrial experience in laboratory environment
- Scientific education (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree)
- Team-oriented, reliable and responsible
- Very good English level written and spoken
- Profound experience in document writing
- Scientific education in biochemistry & spectroscopy
- Basic knowledge of ISO 9001 and GMP
- LIMS knowledge
- Very good German level written and spoken
We offer attractive compensation packages and flexible work schedules. People matter and every individual can have an impact, grow professionally and evolve as a person.