Internship/Trainee (f/m) in Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry - duration: 6 months, full-time, starting summer 2021
Solvias is a world leader in contract research. We support industries such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices, cosmetics, chemicals, electronic materials, natural sciences and the oil industry. With many years of scientific experience and a proven track record, we provide integrated services, products and technologies to improve the value chain for our global customers. We develop, analyse and test a wide range of biological and chemical substances, such as active pharmaceutical ingredients, excipients and cosmetics.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive chemistry student or recent graduate to join us.
About the opportunity
This internship opportunity provides students with hands-on experience, coaching and mentoring, as well as the opportunity to gain exposure to the best practices in pharmaceutical analytical chemistry. As a trainee in the inhalation department, your main objectives will be to perform the following tasks:
- Analysis of the performance of Orally Inhaled Products (OIP) using a combination of Dosage Unit Sampling Apparatus (DUSA), Next Generation Impactors (NGI) and High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Research and report relevant scientific literature to improve the understanding of the current challenges faced by pharmaceutical companies between in vitro parameters and in vivo actions for OIP
- Study of the impact of different environmental, human and technical variations on the dose delivery performances of OIPs
In addition to your main objectives, you will have the opportunity to learn how to handle and implement the comprehensive GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) regulations and the key software (LIMS, CDS) of the pharmaceutical industry.
Who you are
You are either an enrolled student or recent Master’s graduate student with a focus on analytical of pharmaceutical chemistry. You are interested in expanding your experience and in being exposed to drug substance testing under GMP with a world leader company in contract research, development and manufacturing. You have a pro-active knowledge sharing mindset with excellent organizational and communication skills.
Furthermore, you fulfill the following requirements:
- Sound knowledge in chromatography
- Good knowledge of MS-Office tools
- Fluent in English; German or French are a plus
- Fast learner with organizational talent, strong team player with good communication skills
- Experiences in GMP or with CDS Chromeleon software are a plus
We offer attractive employment conditions and flexible working hours and believe that our employees make the difference. People matter to us. The contribution of each individual is important and everyone can grow professionally as well as personally.