The post will be in the Research Centre of «Childhood in Education and Society» (formerly the Centre of «Children – Childhood – Schooling») of the Department for Research and Development. The research centre has developed expertise in the fields of social-scientific childhood studies and school research, research on diversity and inequality, and qualitative-interpretative methods. The centre explores cross-sectional issues of everyday school culture from a cultural and social analytical perspective.
A particular focus is dedicated to how different actors create school reality through everyday practices. Therefore, interdisciplinary issues of school and teaching practice are at the core of the centre's research interest, although this also extends to other areas of the everyday life of children (such as family, leisure time, peer group).
The successful candidate's own research activities and expertise will contribute to strengthening the profile of the centre in the subject areas above.
Your areas of responsibility
- Developing and implementing own research projects within the areas in focus at the centre
- Participation in the wider activities of the centre
- Publications and presentations in national and international bodies
- Networking within the national and international research community
- Depending on suitability and interest, teaching activities within the training and further education of teachers enrolled at PH Zurich