Since 1967, Jet Aviation has been crafting flight in its smoothest form. From one hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 4,000 employees, and some 50 locations worldwide. Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defence, FBO, Fixed and Rotary Wing Maintenance, and Staffing. Behind every seamless Jet Aviation experience, is a team of dedicated professionals perfecting the art of flight. The artisans of aviation. The craft that brings our customers’ journey to life. In the hangar, on the ground, and behind the scenes. Enabling global flight, with passion.
Are you ready to take off? We are looking forward to take you on board as
Senior Project Manager Logistics
As Jet Aviation’s Senior Project Manager Logistic, you possess an excellent knowledge in wider logistics areas (Incoming/Shipping/Warehousing/Internal Transport/Dispatching).
The role’s duties and responsibilities will be focused on driving the design and execution of the Global Logistic strategy to deliver a competitive advantage for Jet Aviation Network.
You will act as Subject Matter Expert covering but not limited to:
- Elaboration, further development & implementation of sustainable Logistic strategy
- Further development of operational transformation & best practices with focus on efficiency and transparency (digitalization)
- Management and collaboration in optimization projects within the Logistic Group
- Delivery Continuous improvement to identify opportunities, propose solution and optimize overall Logistic activities and operation/production efficiency. Scope and prioritize initiatives and drive execution when relevant
- Analyze and evaluate effectiveness of the current logistics processes and methodology, identify cost-reduction, apply logistics modeling techniques to address issues, Identify or develop business rules or standard operating procedures to streamline operating processes.
- Maintain, analyze, and interpret logistics data, forecasting, procurement, manufacturing, inventory, transportation, or warehousing
- Develop technical specifications for systems or equipment, tools, facility layouts, or material-handling systems
- Evaluate and develop the use of technologies, such as global positioning systems (GPS), radio-frequency identification (RFID), to improve the overall material flow efficiency.
- Evaluate and develop the use of inventory tracking technology, Web-based warehousing software, to maximize plant, storage, and distribution efficiency.
- Provides technical expertise to Jet Aviation’s end-users and leaders on business solutions and processes to adequately specify their needs
- Follow-up and monitor different initiative under your responsibility for a timely delivery to end-users
- Ensures change management by training end-users, answering questions regarding systems usage, data transactions and status
- Manages consolidation of EUC solutions in related IT strategic programs (ERP, BI)
- Establish organizational guidelines or policies
- Conduct audits for logistics activities, such as storage, distribution, or transportation.
- Represent Jet Aviation as one company internally and externally with industry groups, regulatory bodies and the General Dynamics network
- Advanced degree in Logistic, Supply Chain Management Science from an accredited university.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position with a good understanding of the end-to-end supply chain
- Very good IT knowledge (SAP R/3, MS-Office, etc.)
- In depth understanding of the aerospace industry standards and the regulatory framework is a plus.
- Fluent English, additional European language (FR, DE) will be an advantage
- Ability to conceptualize, develop, present, and implement Business processes and related tools
- Taste for modelling and automation to drive efficiency and enable data-driven recommendations.
- Ability to take vast and complex topics, prioritize the elements that matter and convert into simple messaging enabling leadership decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and problem solver.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization
- Quality driven with a passion for excellence to represent Jet Aviation as a Brand Ambassador
- Demonstration of and commitment to Jet Aviation values (Trust, Honesty, Alignment, Transparency)