Since 1967, Jet Aviation has been crafting flight in its smoothest form. From one hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 4,000 employees, and some 50 locations worldwide. Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defence, FBO, Fixed and Rotary Wing Maintenance, and Staffing. Behind every seamless Jet Aviation experience, is a team of dedicated professionals perfecting the art of flight. The artisans of aviation. The craft that brings our customers’ journey to life. In the hangar, on the ground, and behind the scenes. Enabling global flight, with passion.
In order to reinforce the Team in the UAE we are currently recruiting for an
Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Helicopter) GCAA B2 with B412 - Fujairah UAE
Overall job purpose is to carry out maintenance tasks on an aircraft in accordance with Jet Aviation procedures, authority regulations and customer requirements.
Quality, Safety and Environment
- Ensure maintenance performed on aircraft systems is conducted in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Certification of work and release of aircraft systems complies with relevant Licence Categories
- Actively participate and comply with JAAS WH&S and Environment programs and Aviation Safety Management System
- Operational management of Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (Fitters) providing clear directions for allocated maintenance
- Daily management and control of assigned aircraft maintenance
- Responsible for the adequate allocation of resources available for timely completion of assigned aircraft systems modification, maintenance, repair or installation
- Ensure parts are ordered at correct timeframe to meet project or job deadlines whilst maintaining appropriate cost structure
- Review job packs for assigned projects or jobs and ensure they are complete and reflect customer requirements
- Review daily reporting on estimated versus actual hours and take action as directed to correct or prevent over runs
- Provide input to customer projects including quoting for labour and materials
- Using the company ERP to ensure time and attendance is correlated with projects
Sales and Customer Management
- Provide regular feedback to the General Manager Operations ME on the progress of planned system modification, maintenance, service or installation
- Provide input into response to customer queries and complaints
Regulatory and Compliance
- Ensure maintenance performed on assigned aircraft system is conducted in compliance with the relevant Civil Aviation regulations, Military or OEM requirements
- Accountable for updating knowledge on regulatory requirements
- Actively support and participate in the JAAS Core Values and Safety, Security and Environment policies and procedures as detailed in the JAAS Governance and Polices Manual.
- Ensure smooth workflow on assigned jobs with minimal disruptions by effective use of allocated manpower and resources
- Aircraft work packs and logbook entries are completed in compliance with regulatory and customer requirements
- Ensure assigned modification, maintenance, repair or installation performed is carried out in compliance with company policies and procedures and relevant Civil Aviation Regulations
- ASRs (Over & Above defects) are raised at time of identification of additional work and are accurate
- Track progress of work to ensure budgetary control is maintained.
- Provide directions to AMEs and Technicians to assist them to meet budgets and customer delivery schedules.
- Implement remedial action to correct project or job overruns
- Provide input into parts ordering for assigned projects to ensure parts are available to meet scheduled delivery times.
- Regular audit of project documentation to ensure accuracy and integrity of data.
- Provide input into customer queries and/or complaints.
- Mandatory to hold an unrestricted B2 GCAA licence with B412 endorsement. (candidates will be favored if they additionally hold a CASA B2 licence)
- Strong knowledge of CAR 145
- Recent B412 5-year inspection experience.
- Experience working in an aircraft maintenance facility performing system maintenance and modifications
- Able to run several projects at once
- General Aviation Installation and Design experience
- Demonstrated understanding of Aviation regulatory requirements for Aircraft systems maintenance
- People Management skills in an operational environment
- Experience in a customer focused work environment with multiple priorities and project deadlines
- Computer literate at basic level in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems
- Company and Customer focused
- Result driven
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Team Player