Since 1967, Jet Aviation has been crafting flight in its smoothest form. From one hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 4,000 employees, and some 50 locations worldwide. Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defence, FBO, Fixed and Rotary Wing Maintenance, and Staffing. Behind every seamless Jet Aviation experience, is a team of dedicated professionals perfecting the art of flight. The artisans of aviation. The craft that brings our customers’ journey to life. In the hangar, on the ground, and behind the scenes. Enabling global flight, with passion.
In order to reinforce the team in Basel we are currently recruiting for a
Workshop Technician - Cabinet Maker
Our Cabinet Shop creates lightweight furniture that is as functional as it is beautiful. Our staff has been highly trained in the fine arts of woodworking and Veneering and has the advanced skills to do work such as hardwood mouldings, inlays, exotic veneer applications and many other complex furniture designs. It is important to us that the details of your work are exactly the way our customers want them. To achieve that high level of customization and quality, we do much of the work by hand. You will work in our State-of-the-Art Cabinet Shop and start manufacturing furniture from the 3D model to the final exquisite Cabinet.
- Manufactures Straight Interior cabin monuments and components as instructed by his/her supervision or management on: Cabinets, Credenza, Vanity, Galleys, Toilets, Bulkheads, Doors, Decors, Tables, Seats and Divan components.
- Performs basic manufacturing in accordance with appropriate documentation (drawings).
- Manufactures straight monuments and other wood-surfaced subassemblies using basic 2D design/engineering drawings, notes, instructions, and process specifications.
- Cuts different materials (i.e., Honeycomb panels, Lexan mirror…) to proper dimensions per 3D & 2D engineering drawings.
- Bonds Aluminium/Wood blocks on/into composite sandwich panels.
- Assembles pins and glues cabinet shell kits arriving from CNC machine.
- Cuts and applies materials such as Hard Laminate (i.e., Formica) or wood veneers with glue spray gun to cover surfaces of cabinetry.
- Cuts and bonds mouldings on straight monuments.
- Fabricates various accessories for cabinets, manufacture templates, uses templates, and installs equipment in specific cabinets.
- Works according to Jet Aviation procedures, technical instructions, and aviation regulations.
- Uses various types of stationary and handheld power tools (i.e., saw, router…) to manufacture or disassemble furniture. Controls individual tools.
- Maintains traceability of all components, products, parts used or manufactured in accordance with process.
- Uses personal protective equipment in accordance with Policy.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area (5S) and adheres to all safety and environmental regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge in reading and understanding 2D basic manufacturing drawings.
- Ability to use measuring tools and perform basic math computations.
- Handles aerospace VIP materials and uses appropriate tools
- Experience in similar aviation industry is an advantage.
- Cabinet maker apprenticeship without educational qualifications or basic Cabinet Maker support functions.
- Personal drive and self-motivation.
- Highly flexible.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work and stay calm under pressure.
- Computer skills on MS Office.
- Software skills Smarteam, Catia V5 (Viewer).
- Good knowledge of English required, French & German beneficial