Since 1967, Jet Aviation has been crafting flight in its smoothest form. From one hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 4,000 employees, and some 50 locations worldwide. Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defence, FBO, Fixed and Rotary Wing Maintenance, and Staffing. Behind every seamless Jet Aviation experience, is a team of dedicated professionals perfecting the art of flight. The artisans of aviation. The craft that brings our customers’ journey to life. In the hangar, on the ground, and behind the scenes. Enabling global flight, with passion.
RAAF Base, Defence Pilot Training System (PTS)
B1 Technician - PTS East Sale VIC
The maintenance technicians are responsible for carrying out on and off aircraft maintenance safely, efficiently and to the highest standards.
- Be dedicated to exceeding the customers’ expectations and delivering an efficient operation, whilst maintaining a safe environment;
- Ensure that the scheduled and unscheduled maintenance is carried out in accordance with Pilatus/OEM approved publications/instructions using approved parts supplied from approved sources;
- Make certain that they have been correctly trained and certified to carry out the work assigned to them and that the procedures laid down in the MOE are followed;
- Be trained in, and conduct, limited ejection seat maintenance activities;
- Work with minimal supervision and direct A-Level technicians and Ground handlers as required during the execution of varying duties;
- Be utilised in support of day, evening and Flight Line maintenance crews to maximise aircraft safety and availability;
- Ensure that all maintenance is correctly and appropriately documented;
- Direct to the appropriate Manager/Supervisor, items that are beyond the scope of authority of the B Technician, as outlined in the PTS procedures, processes and policies;
- Deploy in support of deployed ADF operations;
- Carry out scheduled and unscheduled maintenance;
- Ensure compliance with all AD’s, SBs, etc. prior to expiry of compliance and relevant to the aircraft;
- Carry out inspection and maintenance co-ordination and certification;
- May be nominated for CRS functions;
- Ensure all entries and certifications for work undertaken is completed and certified;
- Ensure all data, release notes and certificates of conformance for components and parts used during servicing or maintenance are accompanying the respective work sheet/work package;
- Actively participate in the Quality and Safety Management System applications;
- Ensure FOD control procedures are adhered to;
- Ensure OH & S/WHS requirements are adhered to;
- Ensure GSE is serviceable and report any defects or deficiencies;
- Ensure Approved Maintenance Data used is current and applicable;
- Complete “defect reports” as required;
- Ensure Tool control requirements are adhered to;
- Assist with defect analysis and investigations;
- Carry out aircraft washing and associated corrosion control inspection;
- Carry out aircraft towing and repositioning;
- Carry out aircraft refuelling;
- Carry out flight line activities including flight servicing’s, replenishments and marshalling;
- Work with the Quality and Aviation Safety Manager in the maintenance of Quality and Aviation Safety responsibilities including participation in audits, technical investigations as it applies to ‘Human Factors in Maintenance’;
- Work with the Crew Leaders to foster a sense of ‘Safety First’ within the technical workforce;
- Maintain good relationships with the customer; &
- Report and raise any observations, through the appropriate process, with regard to continuous improvement, safety management and customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as may be directed by your supervisor from time-to-time to support program success.
- Min Cert IV Aeroskills
- Demonstrated understanding of Aviation regulatory requirements for Aircraft maintenance, both civil & military (Part 145)
- Demonstrable safety focus
- Good communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and within limited supervision.
- Common courtesy and customer orientation.
- Ability to work flexible schedules and in various weather conditions as well as meeting minimum physical requirements of the job.
- Ability to deploy on notification nationally or internationally.