Since 1967, Jet Aviation has been crafting flight in its smoothest form. From one hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 4,000 employees, and some 50 locations worldwide. Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defence, FBO, Fixed and Rotary Wing Maintenance, and Staffing. Behind every seamless Jet Aviation experience, is a team of dedicated professionals perfecting the art of flight. The artisans of aviation. The craft that brings our customers’ journey to life. In the hangar, on the ground, and behind the scenes. Enabling global flight, with passion.
In order to reinforce the team in Basel we are currently recruiting for a
Workshop Technician - Upholstery (Carpet fitter)
The Upholstery Shop carpet fitter creates that timeless yet satisfying look of true elegance, with high standard quality flooring that makes an aircraft interior feel as comfortable as home. Our carpet fitters work on non-textile flooring, underpadding, carpet manufacturing and installation, with the objective to ensure the level of quality reaches the customer’s expectation.
- Under moderate supervision, manufactures and installs upholstery non-textile flooring, underpadding and carpet, maintenance carpet protection.
- Makes simple patterns for aircraft interiors using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
- Works actively with the Upholstery Carpet Team.
- Performs technical upholstery functions within design, customer, regulation rules, and JA specifications.
- Performs basic manufacturing in accordance with appropriate documentation (drawings).
- Designs/engineering drawings, notes, Instructions, and process specifications. Prepares them to be ready for application.
- Performs minor repairs under supervision.
- Work accordingly to Jet Aviation procedures, technical instructions and aviation regulations.
- Achieve targets set by his/her supervision or management.
- Assures professional standards are maintained.
- Uses various types of stationary and handheld power tools to cut, bond and sew.
- Operate individual tools and maintains them in a safe and proper manner.
- Report any defects to hierarchy.
- Capability to learn new techniques and works with new material related to aircraft interiors.
- Work precisely in accordance with requirements.
- Maintain traceability of all components, products, parts used or manufactured in accordance with JBSL process.
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) and in accordance with JA policy.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area (5S) and adheres to all safety and environmental regulations and requirements.
- Research approved documents in JPMS IT platform.
- Can work or perform minor repairs in A/C under supervision.
- Responsible for his/her own work quality and completion in a timely manner.
- Supports EH&S, 5S monthly Audits and Lean Manufacturing.
- Supports continuous improvement actions.
- Knowledge in reading and understanding 2D basic manufacturing drawings.
- Knowledge of carpet fitter processes and products.
- A basic understanding of material specifications and design drawings is needed to ensure completed product meets design and requirements.
- Experience using commercial sewing machine and/or various hand tools used in carpet trades
- Ability to use measuring tools and perform basic math computations.
- Knowhow in handling aerospace materials and uses appropriate tools.
- Experience in aviation industry is an advantage
- Upholstery or Carpet fitter apprenticeship with appropriate educational qualifications or basic upholstery or carpet fitter diploma or equivalent
- Personal drive and self-motivated
- Highly flexible.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work and stay calm under pressure.
- Computer skills in Microsoft applications.
- Good English, French & German an advantage