Since 1967, Jet Aviation has been crafting flight in its smoothest form. From one hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 4,000 employees, and some 50 locations worldwide. Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defence, FBO, Fixed and Rotary Wing Maintenance, and Staffing. Behind every seamless Jet Aviation experience, is a team of dedicated professionals perfecting the art of flight. The artisans of aviation. The craft that brings our customers’ journey to life. In the hangar, on the ground, and behind the scenes. Enabling global flight, with passion.
In order to reinforce the team in Basel we are currently recruiting for a
Workshop Technician - Painter / Finisher
After all the structural Cabinets and Monuments are built, it’s time to apply a Finish and Varnish system that will stand the test of time and exceed all Customer expectations for Fine Quality. With an exclusive and State-of-the-Art Varnish System that only Jet Aviation can provide the furniture we produce is some of the highest quality in the industry.
- Prepares surfaces by sanding and masking parts for Paint and Varnish with standardized finish processes to complete furniture for the
- Delivery to our internal customer on:
- Cabinets, Credenza, Vanity, Galleys, Toilets, Bulkheads, Doors, Decors, Tables, Seats and Divan, Shower, components.
- Works actively and in good intelligence within Finishing Shop Team.
- Prepares items for sanding by masking
- Prepares items for paint through sanding and with filler product.
- Prepares by sanding raw wood, varnished wood and veneer
- Polishes varnish items when applicable to a professional standard.
- Applies U.V. varnish to monuments
- Interprets material specifications to ensure products meets design and engineering requirements.
- Assist in the application of various types Varnish and Paint
- Maintain the Spray booths and the mixing area with 5S and good housekeeping standards.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Works according to Jet Aviation procedures, technical instructions, and aviation regulations.
- Performs minor Paint and Varnish repairs on parts.
- Achieves targets sets by his/her supervision or management.
- Assures professional standards are maintained.
- Uses various types of handheld power tools (i.e., sander, polisher) to finish furniture surfaces. Controls individual tools.
- Operates and maintains tools in a safe and proper manner.
- Reports any defects to supervision.
- Adaptability to learn new techniques and works with new material related to aircraft interiors.
- Works precisely in accordance with requirements.
- Maintains traceability of all components, products, parts used or manufactured in accordance with JBSL process.
- Uses personal protective equipment (PPE) and in accordance with JA policy.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area (5S) and adheres to all safety and environmental regulations and requirements.
- Research approved documents in JPMS IT platform.
- Can perform small repair (touch up) in A/C under Supervision
- Responsible for own work quality and its completion in a timely manner.
- Supports EH&S, 5S monthly Audits and Lean Manufacturing.
- A general understanding of paint and varnish is highly desired.
- Knowledge in reading and understanding basic standardized finish processes.
- Ability to use measuring tools and perform basic math computations.
- Handles aerospace products and materials and uses appropriate tools.
- Experience in aviation industry is an advantage.
- Painter or Cabinet Finisher or Cabinet Maker apprenticeship with appropriate educational qualifications.
- Or Basic Painter or Cabinet Finisher or Cabinet Maker diploma or equivalent.
- Personal drive and self-motivated
- Highly flexible.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work and stay calm under pressure.
- Computer skills in Microsoft applications.
- Software skills Smarteam, Catia V5 (Viewer), Fanuk language.
- Good English required, French and / or German desired