Since 1967, Jet Aviation has been crafting flight in its smoothest form. From one hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 4,000 employees, and some 50 locations worldwide. Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defence, FBO, Fixed and Rotary Wing Maintenance, and Staffing. Behind every seamless Jet Aviation experience, is a team of dedicated professionals perfecting the art of flight. The artisans of aviation. The craft that brings our customers’ journey to life. In the hangar, on the ground, and behind the scenes. Enabling global flight, with passion.
In order to reinforce the team in Basel we are currently recruiting for a
Workshop Technician - Upholstery
The Upholstery Shop creates that timeless yet satisfying look of true elegance with soft leathers and stylish fabrics that make aircraft interior feel as comfortable as home. Our Technicians are qualified for a refined modern look of machined stitching or the old-world feel of external hand leather embroidery. Our Upholstery Shop works on Ceiling Panels to Sidewalls and from Seats to Divans with the objective to ensure level of quality is met in every stitch.
- Knowledge in reading and understanding 2D basic manufacturing drawings.
- Knowledge of upholstery sewing processes and products.
- A basic understanding of material specifications and design drawings is needed to ensure completed product meets design and requirements.
- Experience using commercial sewing machines, sergers and/or various hand tools used in upholstery and carpet trades
- Ability to use measuring tools and perform basic math computations.
- Knowhow in handling aerospace materials and uses appropriate tools.
- Experience in aviation industry is an advantage.
- Upholstery apprenticeship with appropriate educational qualifications.
- Or Basic Upholstery diploma or equivalent.
- Personal drive and self-motivated
- Highly flexible.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work and stay calm under pressure.
- Computer skills in Microsoft applications.
- Good English required. French and / or German an advantage