Since 1967, Jet Aviation has been crafting flight in its smoothest form. From one hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 4,000 employees, and some 50 locations worldwide. Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defence, FBO, Fixed and Rotary Wing Maintenance, and Staffing. Behind every seamless Jet Aviation experience, is a team of dedicated professionals perfecting the art of flight. The artisans of aviation. The craft that brings our customers’ journey to life. In the hangar, on the ground, and behind the scenes. Enabling global flight, with passion.
In order to reinforce the team in Basel we are currently recruiting for a
Workshop Technician - Electro
Our Cabinet Shop creates lightweight furniture that is as functional as it is beautiful. Our staff has been highly trained in the fine art of woodworking and veneering and has the advanced skills to do work such as hardwood mouldings, inlays, exotic veneer applications and many other complex furniture designs. It is important to us that the details of your work are exactly the way our customers want them. In order to achieve that high level of customization and quality, we do much of the work by hand. You will work in our State-of-the-Art Cabinet Shop and Electro Shop and start manufacturing and Installing wires loom for furniture from the 3D model to the final exquisite Cabinet.
- Assembles cable looms, harnesses, installs them with electrical components in furniture and ensure compliance with production standards and specifications as instructed by his/her supervision or management on: Cabinets, Credenza, Vanity, Galleys, Toilets, Bulkheads, Doors, Cargo IFE Racks, Relays Module Panels, Circuit Breaker Modules, Tables, Seats, Divan and Ceiling Shell components.
- Performs Electrical modifications, repairs on monuments and components
- Performs continuity, isolation, and power checks on interior furniture before delivery to Final Assembly Line
- Works actively and in good intelligence within the Electro Shop Team.
- Performs electrical cable looms, harnesses assembly operations in accordance with wire lists, wiring diagrams, drawings.
- Performs basic Electrical G plan in accordance with Jet Aviation Processes
- Performs Integration assembly operations on monuments using basic 2D design/engineering drawings, notes, instructions, and process specifications.
- Performs electrical connecting assembly on power Plugs, Relays, Circuit Breaker and Electrical Equipment.
- Performs dis-assembly operations on Electrical components installed on monuments and other subassemblies before finishing processes.
- Performs modifications on produced harnesses in accordance with engineering requirements.
- Prepares parts and component kits before manufacturing process in accordance with drawings BOM list.
- Assists team members with great experience to enhance techniques of quality workmanship.
- Supports Senior Electro Technicians to develop and implement process improvements.
- Responsible for own work quality and timely completion and performance.
- Works with supervisor to develop and implement technical process improvements that increase safety, reduce cost, cycle time and promote performance.
- Supports continuous improvement action tasks.
- Can perform Installations in aircraft under Supervision.
- Demonstrates capability to learn other disciplines and skills.
- Supports EH&S, 5S monthly Audits and Lean Manufacturing.
- Knowledge in reading, understanding and drafting basic manufacturing electrical G plan drawings.
- Knowledge in reading, understanding work instruction, component manufacturer instructions and ground test procedure. Knowledge in various electrical tests equipment.
- Ability to use measuring tools and perform basic math computations.
- Handles aerospace materials and uses appropriate tools.
- Experience in Similar aviation business.
- Electrical apprenticeship with appropriate educational qualifications or equivalent experience
- Basic Electrical diploma or equivalent.
- Personal drive
- Highly flexible
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Computer skills on Microsoft applications
- Software skills: Smarteam, Catia V5 (Viewer), Fanuk language
- Intermediate English, basic French & German beneficial