Since 1967, Jet Aviation has been crafting flight in its smoothest form. From one hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 4,000 employees, and some 50 locations worldwide. Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defence, FBO, Fixed and Rotary Wing Maintenance, and Staffing. Behind every seamless Jet Aviation experience, is a team of dedicated professionals perfecting the art of flight. The artisans of aviation. The craft that brings our customers’ journey to life. In the hangar, on the ground, and behind the scenes. Enabling global flight, with passion.
In order to reinforce the Human Resources team in Basel we are currently recruiting for an
Maintenance Supervisor - Structures
We are on the lookout for an experienced Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer and Structures Maintenance Engineer who have an interest in moving into a leadership role. The Maintenance Supervisor is accountable for the assigned aircraft projects and assisting with the coordination of the project’s manpower including LAME’s, AME’s and apprentices, whilst maintaining open lines of communication with the Aircraft Maintenance and PMO Manager, Project and Planning Teams.
People and Leadership
- Accountable for monitoring and managing allocated manpower on projects.
- Accountable for monitoring maintenance employee task productivity (quoted v actual), review and action time reports daily.
- Accountable for monitoring and mentoring maintenance employee technical capabilities
- Accountable for requesting overtime when required from management.
- Monitor the coordination of non-productive time, ensuring apprentice daily/weekly tasks are c/o.
- Monitor and address performance/behavioural matters, documenting and escalating to the Aircraft Maintenance and PMO Manager as required.
- Promote/lead employees with a positive attitude acting as a business advocate for JET Aviation.
- Monitor and liaise with the Aircraft Maintenance and PMO Manager regarding any change to allocated staff numbers.
- Facilitate the performance review process of supervised employees to support staff development.
Customer Service & Relationship Management
- Unwavering focus to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Address any customer requests that cannot be met with management before responding to customer.
- Monitor communications with customers in relations to ASR’s
- Monitor and communicate with Aircraft Maintenance and PMO Managers regarding any risk of scheduled completion delays.
- Monitor raised ASR’s, ensuring they are re-ASR’s including justification notes.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Compliance and Regulatory
- Promote and drive JET values and Compliance policy and procedure to support the desired company and facility culture.
- Responsible for monitoring daily compliance with all workplace health and safety processes, monitoring for risk and reporting risks and/or incidents through to WH&S Business Partner, Aircraft Maintenance and PMO Manager.
- Accountable for managing tooling prior to and during all projects; ensuring full compliance with company/personal tool control.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately in a timely manner ensuring regulatory and commercial compliance.
- Ensure JET Safe reports are submitted following any WHS/aircraft incident including proactive reporting.
- Adhere to best practices document.
- Minimum 3 years as a Structures Engineer with relevant trade certificate.
- Relationship management with the influence to achieve results from employees.
- Proven ability to lead, influence and motivate colleagues within a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, stakeholders, managers and team members.
- Well-developed ability to identify opportunities for improvement and a demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
- Well-developed aviation knowledge in a high-quality customer focused commercial delivery environment.
- Strong ability to deliver practical, workable solutions within specified time frames.
- Demonstrated reliability with a positive and proactive attitude.
Jet Aviation AG
Ms Kristie-Anne Maher