Since 1967, Jet Aviation has been crafting flight in its smoothest form. From one hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 4,000 employees, and some 50 locations worldwide. Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defence, FBO, Fixed and Rotary Wing Maintenance, and Staffing. Behind every seamless Jet Aviation experience, is a team of dedicated professionals perfecting the art of flight. The artisans of aviation. The craft that brings our customers’ journey to life. In the hangar, on the ground, and behind the scenes. Enabling global flight, with passion.
Are you ready to take off? We are looking forward to take you on board as
Integrated within the Engineering department (PART 21J), the Avionics Engineer develops certifiable technical solutions through the performance of drawings, documents, reports, and testing.
- Supports the Team Leads to develop standards for the following Avionics related systems: Avionic upgrades in ATA 23 Voice and Data Communication System (VHF, HF, UHF, Audio Selector Control, ACARS etc.), Avionic upgrades in ATA 31 Indication/Recording System (Flight Recorders, Instruments, Caution and Warning Systems, etc.), Avionic upgrades in ATA 34 Navigation (FMS, GPS, FD, ADC, TCAS, EGPWS, etc.)
- Able to support the development of cabin related system like IFE/CMS, lighting, power distribution, galley, communication and computer network etc.
- Works independently on system design and appropriated documentation for “Modification” and “Completion” projects
- Selects equipment, components and material in order to fulfill RTCA DO-160 (Hardware) and DO-178 (Software) requirements
- Develops Electrical Wiring Diagrams (CAD)
- Recognize safety and certification requirements
- Support of production environment (PART 21G and PART 145) as required
- Electronic/Electrical Engineering degree (preferably Aviation) or equivalent technical degree with proved experience in the field of Engineering
- Knowledge of the Aviation Regulations (EASA and/or FAA) required
- Fluent in English (written and spoken). German or French would be beneficial
- Self-motivated team player, ability to communicate with different stakeholders
- Flexibility to work on duty if required