Since 1967, Jet Aviation has been crafting flight in its smoothest form. From one hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 4,000 employees, and some 50 locations worldwide. Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defence, FBO, Fixed and Rotary Wing Maintenance, and Staffing. Behind every seamless Jet Aviation experience, is a team of dedicated professionals perfecting the art of flight. The artisans of aviation. The craft that brings our customers’ journey to life. In the hangar, on the ground, and behind the scenes. Enabling global flight, with passion.
We are looking forward to take you on board as
Mechanical Engineering Technician
Integrated within the Engineering department, the Mechanical Engineering Technician realizes engineering 3D models and 2D drawings for mechanical parts, assemblies and installation drawings as per Jet Aviation’s design principles, design rules and project requirements.
- Perform/support quotation with associated assumptions for projects
- Perform a technical aircraft survey (pictures, dimensions, 3D scan)
- Realize engineering 3D models and 2D drawings for mechanical parts, assembly and installation drawings as per: Engineering mechanical design rules and processes (material and processes guideline, sheet metal rules, machined rules, standard and fasteners selection and installation rules, bonding and grounding), CPR instructions, BIGs, Projects milestones, Quality required
- Ensure a design to weight and design to cost approach in accordance with project requirement
- React and address immediately risk items, identify project roadblocks and identify all gaps between the activity performed and the scope sold to the customer
- Rework (Revision, DS, Concession) on 3D Parts, assembly drawing and installation drawing
- Check and release designs as requested
- Technical certificate (preferably in aviation or related field)
- Proficient with CAE & CAD tools (i.e. AutoCAD, Catia V5, Siemens NX, TeamCenter, etc.) and Microsoft Office
- Teamplayer with good and positive communication skills
- Comfortable to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Language English (mandatory), French and/or German (nice to have)