Since 1967, Jet Aviation has been crafting flight in its smoothest form. From one hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 4,000 employees, and some 50 locations worldwide. Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defence, FBO, Fixed and Rotary Wing Maintenance, and Staffing. Behind every seamless Jet Aviation experience, is a team of dedicated professionals perfecting the art of flight. The artisans of aviation. The craft that brings our customers’ journey to life. In the hangar, on the ground, and behind the scenes. Enabling global flight, with passion.
In order to reinforce the team in Basel we are currently recruiting for a
Procurement Category Senior Manager
As a Procurement Category Senior Manager of Jet Aviation you will be responsible for successfully contracting high value, complex purchases. You manage the supplier landscape for your specific category (electrical components and systems) in line with the organization’s World Class Procurement. You will be collaborating closely at all levels with internal and external partners and stake holders to ensure that the procurement strategy is aligned and executed effectively.
- Leads contract negotiations terms, volume discounts and long-term partnerships with suppliers, for the procurement of goods, services and information
- Develops and implements strategies to realize the least total cost of ownership, supplier consolidation, quality improvements, process efficiencies
- Manages claims and contracts for conformity to company policy, and is the owner of all contractual related challenges with suppliers.
- Supports the Material Budgeting process in upfront project phase and bidding
- Is a point of contact expert for their category of responsibility, is aware of market trends, technological developments, and supplier corporate restructuring
- Fulfill to the high requirements of good corporate governance through the strict adherence to policies and procedures and ethics, and is an advocate for high standards across the business
- Leads category development in adherence with business requirements
- Strong track-record in category management activities
- Able to navigate across global matrixed organization
- A good understanding of the aerospace industry, OEMs, and the regulatory framework
- Experience in aviation electrical components and systems
- Highly sophisticated understanding of negotiating techniques, excellent communication skills
- High business and financial acumen; strong influencing skills
- Bachelors degree, or similar from an accredited university
- Self motivated - results driven – able to execute with high personal accountability
- Customer focused – externally focused - strong market perspective
- strong personal values corresponding with Jet Aviation values (Trust, Honesty, Alignment, Transparency)