Since 1967, Jet Aviation has been crafting flight in its smoothest form. From one hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 4,000 employees, and some 50 locations worldwide. Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defence, FBO, Fixed and Rotary Wing Maintenance, and Staffing. Behind every seamless Jet Aviation experience, is a team of dedicated professionals perfecting the art of flight. The artisans of aviation. The craft that brings our customers’ journey to life. In the hangar, on the ground, and behind the scenes. Enabling global flight, with passion.
In order to reinforce the MRO team in Basel we are currently recruiting for an
Aircraft Planning Engineer - Team Airbus & Boeing
As Aircraft Planning Engineer in our Project Management Team Airbus & Boeing, you will be managing and monitoring the aircraft project preparation and documentation process, in accordance with the applicable Jet Aviation Basel procedures, Aviation Regulations and customer requirements. Furthermore, you will be monitoring and communicating the aircraft project status with internal and external customers as part of project core team. As Jet Aviation’s Aircraft Maintenance Planner, you will be working and collaborating closely with Operation teams, Billing, SCM and Project Management Organization.
- Planning, work package preparation and follow-up of projects, under the given regulations
- Ensuring on behalf of the customer that all required maintenance and design data is carried out i. a. w. respective maintenance agreement and in compliance with the MOE, manufacturer’s instructions, aviation regulations, and any applicable data approved or accepted by the competent authority, customer’s maintenance program, ADs/SBs and any applicable data approved or accepted by the competent authority
- Establish and issue job cards / work packages for work on aircraft and component in accordance with pertinent regulations and applicable internal procedures
- Supervision and establishing of a system of work documents adjusted to the needs of the company, as required by 145.A.45(e).
- Establishing regular (i.e. daily progress) work reports for customers and the concerned Aviation Authorities as per pertinent regulations and applicable internal procedures.
- Control and adoption of all airworthiness requirements, AD, SB and other manufacturer instructions
- Maintain accuracy of the MRO system with regards to all planning department requirements
- Maintain and update a database of historic maintenance inputs with regards to schedule and unscheduled manhours, materials and tooling requirements
- Manage and control the pre-input planning process ensuring job proper allocation to designated Cost Centers
- Support Project Manager during maintenance inputs to ensure the service provided to the customer exceeds their expectations
- Support Procurement and logistics with the provision of material and tooling preload requirements for maintenance inputs
- Ensure technical coordination with OEM (Boeing, Airbus)
- Initiate the process required for repair of components in-house or outside repair organizations and monitor the dates of delivery to assure timely return for reinstallation.
- Support warranty cases on behalf of the customer and monitor the process until it can be completed
- Advance planning for material, reservation of material from MO stock and continuous planning for the requirement of additional spares to perform the planned work in the fields of maintenance and completion
- Develop scheduled maintenance forecast based on analysis of Operator schedules and maintenance operations
- Support daily conference call for maintenance planning briefing with customer planning department and/or Airline Operations Center (AOC)
- Apply the quality and safety policy, to promote its application to all personnel under his/her authority and to establish a system of just culture by following human factors principles in his/her department
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Aviation or similar or at least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in a similar role
- In depth understanding of the aerospace industry, OEMs, and the regulatory framework
- Profound understanding of aviation planning / preparation
- Extended experience with dealing with OEM technical support inquiries.
- PC literate with MS Office packages (word, Excel, MS project) proficiency in SAP
- Fluent in English (written and spoken); any other language is a plus
- Previous equivalent qualification and/or experience within a Planning department for MRO or Completions
- Results driven – able to execute with high personal accountability
- High customer orientation
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- High business and financial acumen
- Self-motivated team player