Since 1967, Jet Aviation has been crafting flight in its smoothest form. From one hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 4,000 employees, and some 50 locations worldwide. Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defence, FBO, Fixed and Rotary Wing Maintenance, and Staffing. Behind every seamless Jet Aviation experience, is a team of dedicated professionals perfecting the art of flight. The artisans of aviation. The craft that brings our customers’ journey to life. In the hangar, on the ground, and behind the scenes. Enabling global flight, with passion.
In order to reinforce the Program Management team in Basel we are currently recruiting for a
Director Program Management Airbus & Boeing
The Director Program Management Large Aircraft is fully accountable for the successful performance of Large Aircraft projects. The Director Program Management Large Aircraft provides leadership and direction for all aspects of the programs. In addition, the job incumbent will be responsible for the related workshops working under P145 regulations at Basel Site. He/She will be collaborating across all operational departments at Basel site and matrixed regional/global support functions to ensure that the ONE JET Strategy set forth for Basel is being executed.
- Accountable for the customers relationship and satisfaction for all Large Aircraft projects
- Plans, monitors and manages Large Aircraft MRO and RMU Projects from initiation through completion
- Coordinates Large Aircraft projects execution
- Is accountable for project performance and results as well as meeting customers’ requirements and expectations regarding communication, quality, reliability, schedule and costs.
- Proactively monitors and drive efficiency and performance of the Group and the Team
- Be force of proposition towards the customer and inside the organization to increase revenues and profitability.
- Owner of the relationship with the OEMs regarding service center network/agreement
- Is accountable for setting Top Priorities in case of conflicting interests between various Large Aircraft Projects
- Ensure an optimized and efficient resource planning with the other aircraft group leaders (balance resources allocation between aircraft groups to adjust capacity and workload)
- Improve the health and safety culture of the organization. Ensure that work hazards are minimized, and accidents avoided. Ensure compliance with company policies, EASA, FAA and other governmental Repair Station regulations
- Drives a continuous improvement and quality culture and ensures that employees collaborate effectively across the various Basel functional teams, regional as well global support functions on streamlining processes, systems, tools and delivering to customers
- Represents Jet Aviation as one company internally and externally with industry groups, regulatory bodies and the General Dynamics network.
- Drives a culture of trust, honesty, alignment, transparency and performance throughout the region in line with JET VALUES
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, aviation regulations, and applicable GD and Jet Aviation policies
- Conduct business ethically according to GD Blue Book regulations, and applicable GD and Jet Aviation policies
- Bachelors degree in business or related professional field from an accredited university
- At least 7-10 years of demonstrated success managing MRO projects/programs in the business aviation industry or similar capacity
- Proven project management skills with business acumen
- Proven ability to drive change and create rapid, measurable improvements
- Strong leadership with a proven ability to build commitment within the team
- Pragmatic and customer oriented personality
- Fluent in English, French or German beneficial
- Strong personal values corresponding with Jet Aviation values (THAT)