Since 1967, Jet Aviation has been crafting flight in its smoothest form. From one hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 4,000 employees, and some 50 locations worldwide. Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defence, FBO, Fixed and Rotary Wing Maintenance, and Staffing. Behind every seamless Jet Aviation experience, is a team of dedicated professionals perfecting the art of flight. The artisans of aviation. The craft that brings our customers’ journey to life. In the hangar, on the ground, and behind the scenes. Enabling global flight, with passion.
In order to reinforce the Global Finance team in Basel we are currently recruiting for an
Audit & Controls Director
The Audits & Controls Director is the Global Strategic Lead for the internal audit & controls program across Jet Aviation reporting directly to the Group CFO.
- Responsible for the strategic governance and internal controls development plans and development of all global annual internal audits, audit scoping, testing, and audit field work
- As the global strategic lead, develop, craft, and execute all audit risk assessment plans across key processes and functions consistent with Jet Aviation’s business and organizational goals
- Develop business-strategic recommendations regarding global processes and control improvements
- As Jet Aviation’s global lead, communicate and engage directly with the General Dynamics Internal Audit organization, GD SOX Program Management Office, and GD’s audit teams, including GD’s internal audit service provider
- Report to Jet Aviation’s senior leadership team including President and CFO, as well as other senior leaders based on Jet Aviation’s internal assessments, remediation activities, audit progress and findings.
- Lead, manage, train, and supervise the members of the team (at least two FTEs)
- Create, design, and initiate recommendations on the establishment of centrally governed, harmonized, and standardized business processes and internal controls for further development and Company implementation
- Lead and orchestrate the mapping of business risks to process and controls
- Review and analyze financial statements to monitor scope and control coverage
- Provide counsel, strategic advice, and expertise to process and control owners on remediation, improvement and development opportunities
- Establish and maintain audit repository systems
- Assist with other continuous improvement projects, as needed
- Foster Governance and compliance with all GD/Jet Aviation policies, applicable laws, and regulations, including GD’s Ethos of Honesty, Trust, Transparency, and Alignment.
- Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field from an accredited university
- 7-10 years of work experience in an auditing firm and/or international, preferably a US based company
- Relevant work experience in Auditing, and/or implementing, maintaining and testing of Internal Controls