The dream of flying has always been a human fascination, evoking emotions and the sense of freedom. Modern business aviation attracts people who share that passion. People from all over the world converge at Jet Aviation, creating a unique cultural mix. They combine their competencies and skills with one common mission: to serve our customers best!
We continuously challenge and develop our employees, for they are our most valuable asset. Jet Aviation as an international company offers numerous possibilities for development and opens reams of professional perspectives.
In order to reinforce the MRO Business Operation Support team in Basel we are currently recruiting for a
As Retrofit, Modification and Upgrades (RMU) Proposal incumbent you will be in charge of supporting the MRO Business Operation Support team. You will capture, understand and communicate customer scope of works, coordinate costing efforts, develop pricing and draft proposals. Sales Support to Sales will extend to ensuring internal and external approval gathering, negotiations with customers, revisions of proposals and transfer to execution.
Relying on your technical background and experience in avionics and interior, your understanding of the Business Aviation specificities and your knowledge of the customers, OEMs and key suppliers in the industry, you will ensure that Jet Aviation Proposals are becoming an Industry standard and a key differentiator. Your Proposals will contain a large set of RMU options (Interior refurbishment, Avionic modifications or others), answering all customer needs and generating upselling opportunities for Jet Aviation.
- Provide operational support to Sales Management, acting as a shared service center for quoting and developing proposals
- Develop scope of work in collaboration with the Global Sales department and the customer
- Support Basel Business Operation Support department and Jet Aviation sites Planning departments in gathering labor, material estimates, schedule and slot(s)
- Release quotes to customers / Global Sales Directors and supports in technical discussions with the customer as required
- Bachelor’s degree from a Technical University
- Fluent in English. German and/or French is beneficial
- A minimum of 5 years aviation experience in an equivalent role (e.g. Sales or Billing & Project Sales Administration or Planning or SCM or Production)
- Strong acquaintance with Avionics systems or Interior products in use in the Business Aviation Industry
- Solid understanding of the aerospace industry, OEMs, and the regulatory framework.
- Strong track-record in Sales and/or Quotation experience would be an advantage
- Production or Project Management would constitute a strong advantage
- Business Aviation experience would be an advantage
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to form effective working relationships in order to meet delivery expectations and willingness to rapidly incorporate new tasks/priorities
- Ability to work with a minimal supervision and an efficient approach of working and pro-active, forward thinking and self-motivated team player
- Customer focused – internally focused - strong market perspective
- Business and financial acumen
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and communication skills
- Results driven – able to execute with high personal accountability