· Using a systemic approach as per ISO 9000 auditing principles - independently monitor Company’s Quality System and sampling the design, manufacturing and maintenance process flow / system / interfaces to ensure compliance with Part 145/21, OEM Service Center requirements, established standards and practices.
· Conduct audits in accordance with audit program, manage the audit program and resources, manage and review corrective / preventive action effectiveness, ensure finding closures / escalation as necessary.
· Present statistical analysis of findings, resolution rate, significant root causes, to Management on an annual basis.
· Review current / changes in regulations. Interpret and propose alignment strategies. Report to Management on significance of changes and economic / financial / business impact
· Conduct MEDA / Occurrence Report investigation and monitor the effectiveness of the Human Factor Error Management process.
· Review and process Part 145 and Part 21G capability list amendments.
· Interact with Part21J/G and Part 145 interface stakeholders to evaluate adequacy of Part 21 / Part 145 interface processes and structure
· Establish, recommend and monitor quality performance statistics based on the quality plan. Perform trend analysis and identify quality improvement opportunities.
· Review and analyze the effectiveness of the process changes made. Identify barriers and root causes of Quality improvement issues and performance gaps.
· Research best practices to impact quality improvement initiatives and utilization standards. Identifying and recommending procedure and workflow improvements.
· Liaise with N.A.A. e.g. FOCA, FAA, on Part 145, 21 approval, MOE/POE and audit matters. Support NAA / customers / OEM to follow up on audit findings and facilitate closure. Evaluate and grant one-off authorizations.
· Review MOE / POE and review related Part 145 / Part 21 procedures to ensure regulatory compliance, and nil duplication.
· Review / Write Quality Departments' procedures to ensure compliance.
· Maintain an overview of the Company’s Documentation system, assess system efficiency & control, and assess if communication on changes and updates is effective.
· Conduct briefings, coach and advise operational staff on procedures, regulations and support MOE / POE awareness programs. Assist to develop coaching material to build quality / safety / human factor awareness. Identifying relevant quality-related training needs and delivering briefings.
· Minimum five years of maintenance, production or design experience in the aviation industry, out of which three years of experience in a quality assurance or quality control environment.
· Formal qualification in QMS, SMS, auditing techniques, MEDA investigation techniques, and human factors error management.
· Familiarity with the tools, concepts and methodologies of quality and safety management.
· In-depth knowledge and understanding of EASA Part 145, Part M, Part 21G, Part 21J, Part 66, Part 147, Human Factors, SMS, MEDA investigation, ISO9000 auditing concepts and EN 9100 as well as EN 9110 requirements.
· Excellent communication skills in English both written and verbal.
· Effective report writing and procedure / process writing skills.
· Excellent analytical abilities to grasp the key points from complicated details.
· Able to drive quality programs to successful completion.
· Self-starter and has the ability to use his own initiative.
· Problem solving and facilitation skills
· Degree in a mechanical / electrical / industrial / aeronautical engineering or hold an ICAO aircraft maintenance license or pilot’s license.