The dream of flying has always been a human fascination, evoking emotions and the sense of freedom. Modern business aviation attracts people who share that passion. People from all over the world converge at Jet Aviation, creating a unique cultural mix. They combine their competencies and skills with one common mission: to serve our customers best!
We continuously challenge and develop our employees, for they are our most valuable asset. Jet Aviation as an international company offers numerous possibilities for development and opens reams of professional perspectives.
In order to reinforce the Strategic Sourcing team in Basel we are currently recruiting for a
Director SCM (Strategic Sourcing)
As Director SCM (Strategic Sourcing) you are responsible for the management of the Strategic Sourcing team. Ensuring that the team identifies and meets the future supply needs of the business and that contractual arrangements are in place to meet those needs which can be executed quickly and efficiently.
You are responsible to develop the Strategic Sourcing group as pertains to effectiveness and efficiency on a continuous basis and demonstrating and measuring how procurement adds value to the business.
- Responsible for the creation and management of all contracts in area of responsibility
- Serve as an escalation point between Jet Aviation and our suppliers
- Promoting and supporting demand aggregation and utilizing standardization tools where appropriate
- Ensure compliance to the company processes and corporate approvals process
- Establishing sourcing strategies and source strategic supply partners
- Conducting market research, as well as creating cost estimates and forecasts
- Analyzing and calculating procurement costs and developing cost reduction strategies
- Driving purchasing decisions based on cost and scenario analysis, as well as market trends
- Negotiating contracts with key suppliers, including costs and terms of supply, service, and quality
- Maintaining strategic sourcing relationships and developing strong partnerships
- Monitor and develop service level performance to business units, establish objectives and develop and monitor KPI’s
- Ensure that all personnel in their area of responsibility remain appropriately trained
- Support the procurement business plan; establish, communicate and implement long-term goals for the department in order to promote effectiveness and efficiency
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or Business Administration from an accredited university
- Strong leadership skills, ability to lead a multi-cultural team
- At least 5-10 years working experience in Supply Chain / Purchasing, ideally in a leading role
- Very good IT skills in MS Office and SAP
- Aviation experience required
- Comprehensive industry knowledge
- Project Management education preferred
- High level communication skills, ability to interact with all stakeholders at all levels
- Strong analytical and conceptual abilities
- Good negotiating skills, willingness to make decisions and take responsibility
- High level of initiative, involvement, creativity, assertiveness and authoritativeness
- Ability and willingness to rapidly address and incorporate new subjects and challenges
- Analytical skills, ability to determine root cause and identify various potential solutions
- An understanding of the aviation approvals and certification framework