The dream of flying has always been a human fascination, evoking emotions and the sense of freedom. Modern business aviation attracts people who share that passion. People from all over the world converge at Jet Aviation, creating a unique cultural mix. They combine their competencies and skills with one common mission: to serve our customers best!
We continuously challenge and develop our employees, for they are our most valuable asset. Jet Aviation as an international company offers numerous possibilities for development and opens reams of professional perspectives.
In order to reinforce the global Tax team we are currently recruiting for a
In this position, you will work for three different group of companies within the General Dynamics (GD) Group:
- Jet Aviation is operating in the private aviation business with some 50 locations worldwide;
- GD ELS Mowag designs, manufactures, markets and services wheeled armored vehicles and other combat systems; and
- Gulfstream designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and services business jet aircraft.
The position is responsible for VAT Risk Management and Compliance worldwide. The work for this VAT manager position will be split up as follows between the entities: 50% Jet Aviation based in Basel CH, 30% GD ELS Mowag based in Tägerwilen/Kreuzlingen CH and 20% for Gulfstream Aerospace based in Savannah USA.
The position is based in either Zurich or Basel, Switzerland. We are looking for a flexible person who is willing to work in different locations (Basel, Tägerwilen/Kreuzlingen, Zürich, further travel).
- Act as the focal point in the Tax Department for VAT and Customs issues
- Mitigate/Manage/supervise VAT Risks and improve VAT cash flow
- Actively work to optimize, document and standardize processes surrounding VAT
- Train and provide guidance to Finance and Operations functions on VAT issues
- Monitor and support VAT registrations and returns outside of home country for the above entities
- Coordinate external VAT advisors
- Support regarding VAT planning
- Support/monitor with questions to VAT compliance
- Ensure compliance with the VAT laws
- Ensure adequate documentation of VAT processes for GD ELS Mowag and Jet Aviation
- Supervise VAT declarations & reconcile VAT accounts for GD ELS Mowag and Jet Aviation’s Swiss entities
- Supervise the GD ELS Mowag and Jet Aviation’s Swiss entities accounting function as regards to VAT processes and accounting entries
- Maintain and develop the VAT settings in SAP for GDELS Mowag as well as SAP / FBO1 for Jet Aviation
- Coordinate external VAT audits and support Customs audits
- Perform internal VAT reviews
- Ensure reclaim of foreign input VAT is carried out cost efficiently
- Identify non-VAT risks and opportunities and liaise with other tax areas to address those
- Act as a back-up for income tax reporting
- Perform such tasks as stipulated from time to time by the General Dynamics Global Indirect Tax Manager and the EMEA Tax Director