The dream of flying has always been a human fascination, evoking emotions and the sense of freedom. Modern business aviation attracts people who share that passion. People from all over the world converge at Jet Aviation, creating a unique cultural mix. They combine their competencies and skills with one common mission: to serve our customers best!
We continuously challenge and develop our employees, for they are our most valuable asset. Jet Aviation as an international company offers numerous possibilities for development and opens reams of professional perspectives.
In order to reinforce the Electrical Engineering team in Basel we are currently recruiting for an
Avionics / Electrical Engineer
As part of the “Engineering” function of Jet Aviation you will be responsible for successfully delivering Engineering activity for assigned aircraft. You will contribute to daily operations and activities to ensure project results are met respecting budget, time and quality targets, in line with your priorities and the organization’s Vision 2020 and strategy. You will be collaborating closely with various stakeholders throughout the company to ensure that the projects are globally aligned and executed effectively.
The Avionics/Electrical Engineer participates in developing certifiable technical solutions through the performance of drawings, engineering documents, reports and testing, and provides general engineering support upon request under the direct supervision
- Prepare Engineering drawings and documents to comply with all recognized safety, certification and customer requirements
- Participate in project aircraft evaluation to develop functional group work scope for Engineering project management approval
- Review aircraft configuration in order to check workscope feasibility, accuracy and completeness
- Update the status of the Technical Proposals & Studies on the quote documentation as required
- Provide input so as to complete a Drawing Release Plan for a specific task/project
- Participate and/or witness tests and prepare the corresponding reports as required
- Update the status of the Project on the Project follow-up documentation as required
- Provide Engineering Support as required
- Graduated electrical/avionic Engineer or equivalent technical degree with at least 8 years experience in the field of avionics
- General knowledge of the Aviation Regulations (EASA and/or FAA) would be an asset
- Experience in ATA 24 and/or ATA 44 are desirable
- Design knowledge on Autocad and MS Office Tools
- Fluent command of the English language
- Proactive, forward thinking and self-motivated teamplayer
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage priorities of the job