The dream of flying has always been a human fascination, evoking emotions and the sense of freedom. Modern business aviation attracts people who share that passion. People from all over the world converge at Jet Aviation, creating a unique cultural mix. They combine their competencies and skills with one common mission: to serve our customers best!
We continuously challenge and develop our employees, for they are our most valuable asset. Jet Aviation as an international company offers numerous possibilities for development and opens reams of professional perspectives.
In order to reinforce the Exterior Paint Shop team in Basel we are currently recruiting for an
Aircraft Paint Workshop Technician / Autolackierer
This role as an Aircraft Paint Workshop Technician safely performs aircraft preparation, painting, and detailing of aircraft under supervision. Coordinates with Team Leader to ensure compliance with internal documentation/ paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
- Performs aircraft preparation, painting, and detailing of aircraft
- Prepares surfaces for painting by removing old paint using paint removers or abrasives
- Promote high standards of quality through instruction and by setting a good example for other painters to follow
Use the material tracking system, track squawks and to sign-off work
Prepare stencils, lettering blocks and apply letters, decals, and insignias to aircraft.
Check work for completeness and accuracy, Maintain High Quality
Work flexible hours (shifts and weekends)
Work within teams / individually in such a manner to ensure proper delivery expectations and quality
Mix and apply primers / top coats i.a.w different paint manufacture technical data sheets
- Apprenticeship and or education in an equivalent environment is a must
General knowledge of paint preparation, paint mixing and paint application processes is required
Education on technical courses is an advantage
- Knowledge on paint related products and Manufactures.
Education on technical courses
Team Player, self-motivated and flexible personality
Experience with prepping, masking and general paint refinishing background on aircraft or automobiles/trains would be beneficial
Knowledge on paint related products and Manufactures
Basic knowledge in MS-Office
Customer oriented Mindset
- Good knowledge of the Products (different paint systems and trouble shooting)
- Fluent in English, German and/or French is beneficial