The dream of flying has always been a human fascination, evoking emotions and the sense of freedom. Modern business aviation attracts people who share that passion. People from all over the world converge at Jet Aviation, creating a unique cultural mix. They combine their competencies and skills with one common mission: to serve our customers best!
We continuously challenge and develop our employees, for they are our most valuable asset. Jet Aviation as an international company offers numerous possibilities for development and opens reams of professional perspectives.
In order to reinforce the Maintenance Gulfstream-Embraer team in Basel, we are currently recruiting for an
Avionic Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer - Embraer
Overall job purpose is to carry out maintenance tasks on aircrafts in accordance with Jet Aviation procedures, authority regulations and customer requirements, under the instructions and supervision of the Aircraft Maintenance Team Lead and/or Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor.
For this position, we encourage candidate referrals as described in the Jet Aviation Employee Referral Award Program.
- Follow the work distribution defined by the Aircraft Maintenance Team Lead and assume responsibility for the work performed on the aircraft and the hours allocated per task
Work according to the processes and defined project plan(s) in an accurate and timely manner to ensure the agreed targets and milestones are respected
Ensure that any defect found on the aircraft is reported to the Aircraft Maintenance Team Lead and/or Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor
Ensure that worked job cards are stamped and completed on a daily basis according to the procedures
Return the worked job cards to the Aircraft White Board and make sure the Aircraft Maintenance Team Lead and/or Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor is informed in case further work is required
Respect the defined channels of communication as instructed by the Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor
Assist co-workers as instructed by the Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor
When workload requires or upon Aircraft Maintenance Team Lead and/or Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor request, assist in other work tasks to ensure the department’s goals are met
- Technical degree (BTS / Associate Degree / 1-2 years study in a professional / technical area), with two to three years’ experience as Avionic Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Technician, or similar experience within an aviation environment
- Holder of a full B2 license with Type Rating(s) on Embraer products, ideally EMB 190/170 (Lineage 1000) and/or EMB Legacy 450/500 and/or EMB 135/145 (Legacy 600/650)
- Experience and/or Type Rating(s) on other Corporate Jet models such as Bombardier, Gulfstream or Dassault Falcon would be considered also as an advantage
- Ability to read and understand Aircraft Maintenance Manuals and project plans
- PC literate with MS packages
- Proficiency in SAP (IMRO)
- Good English knowledge (written and spoken)
- Ability to work / carry out maintenance tasks without supervision
- Team player and self-motivated
- Ability to work under tight deadlines