Data Protection Notice and Consent Declaration – Careers at SIB portal
1. Data Protection Notice and Consent Declaration
The protection of your personal data is a matter SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (SIB) takes very seriously, and we are committed to ensuring that you know what data we process about you and under what conditions. In this Data Protection Notice and Consent Declaration we inform you of the data protection measures we have implemented regarding the collection of personal data by the SIB in the context of recruitment processes.
By submitting your application through the Careers at SIB portal, you are communicating personal data to SIB. SIB may also collect personal data related to you from third parties during the recruitment process, in particular through referrals.
By clicking on the button labelled “Data Protection Consent”, you consent to your personal data being stored and processed by SIB and its data subcontractors, namely Refline AG, for the purposes described under Section 4 below.
In any case, SIB may process personal data on the basis of law or legitimate interests, in accordance with applicable law.
3. Purpose of personal data processingThe personal data you communicate to SIB through the Careers at SIB portal and the personal data collected by SIB during the recruitment process are only processed for the following purposes:
- Recruitment process, including for another open position at SIB;
- Statistics (processing not related to specific individuals);
- Creation of the employee's human resource file in the event that the application is successful. Thereafter, SIB internal rules related to employee data protection apply.
4. Data Protection and Confidentiality
SIB and its subcontractor Refline AG have implemented the organisational and technological measures necessary to ensure that your application remains confidential. All employees of SIB, of Refline AG and of third parties used for support are bound by legal or contractual confidentiality obligations regarding personal data. Data is shared between SIB and its subcontractor Refline AG in SSL-encrypted format. Data is processed in accordance with general data security standards based on the current state of technology.
5. Access to Data
As a matter of principle, personal data you have provided to SIB in the context of the job search and/or employment referral will only be accessed by persons involved in the recruitment process. Unless you inform us otherwise, your application may, depending on the circumstances, be forwarded to the persons responsible at SIB for the recruitment process relating to another position for which your profile would be relevant.
In particular, the People & Culture staff of SIB and the line manager/s responsible for the recruitment process at SIB or partner institution in Switzerland (if the position is affiliated with such partner institution) will have access to the personal data you have provided to SIB in the context of the job search and/or employment referral.
If needed for support purposes, staff of our subcontractors will also be given access to the data you have disclosed.
In no case will your personal data be forwarded to other entities than those described in this Data Protection Advisory Notice and Consent Declaration.
6. SecuritySIB has implemented technological and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or malicious manipulation, loss, alteration, destruction and access by unauthorised persons. Personal data is transmitted in encrypted format. The security measures we have implemented are continuously updated according to the latest state of technology.
7. Your rightsAccording to applicable law, you have the following rights with regards to your personal data (subject to certain conditions or limitations):
- Right to be informed about how we collect and use date
- Right to access the data we hold on you
- Right to correct inaccurate or incomplete data
- Right to have your data deleted
- Right to restrict the processing of your data
- Right to remove consent for using your data
- Right to object to automated decisions and profiling
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
8. Deletion of Data
The application file for a specific open position will be deleted no later than six (6) months after the date of award of the position if no other relevant position has become available. You expressly agree that your application documents may still be processed (pursuant to the present Data Protection Notice and Consent Declaration) for a period of six (6) months after the award of the requested position if there are prospects of using these documents for another open position. Regardless of this, you can have your electronic data deleted at any time by contacting us as described above (section 7).
However, your application documents will not be deleted if you are hired for the position for which you applied and the concerned data will be used for your SIB employee file.
9. LiabilityElectronic filing of your application is at your own responsibility and risk. Liability on the part of SIB is excluded to the extent permitted by law.
10. Changes to this Data Protection Notice and Consent Declaration
SIB reserves the right to amend the Data Protection Notice and Consent Declaration at any time at its sole discretion without prior notice in order to adapt it to any new commercial or technological practice or change in the law.
This Data Protection Notice and Consent Declaration was last updated on: [4 May 2023]
We wish you success with your application.