To reinforce our team in Bellinzona, Switzerland, we are seeking a NGS Data Analyst.
NGS Data Analyst
University of Lugano (USI)
Type of contract
The successful candidate will work as part of a team that is dedicated to understanding how molecular alterations promote tumorigenesis, and how gathered insights can be exploited to develop better therapies. The position offers excellent scientific opportunities in a highly stimulating, interdisciplinary environment involving close interactions between medical and basic scientists.
More specifically, the candidate will have the opportunity to mine an updated version of a harmonized prostate cancer RNA sequencing atlas ranging from normal to primary and metastatic disease (PMID: 34857732, https://pcaprofilertest.tk/app/home). The new data from more than 2200 clinical samples will allow the integrated analysis of gene expression, alternative splicing, intron retention, gene mutations, gene fusions, and evidence of microbiota with disease progression.
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics/computational biology
- At least one first-author publication in a high-profile journal
- Extensive experience with RNA-seq, ChIP-seq and scRNA-seq data analysis
- Strategic thinking, self-initiative, and a strong sense of accountability with an ability and willingness to challenge, be challenged and learn
- Experience with DNA-seq of liquid biopsies
- Interest or experience in artificial intelligence
How to apply