The SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics is an internationally recognized non-profit organization, dedicated to biological and biomedical data science. Its data scientists are passionate about creating knowledge and solving complex questions in many fields, from biodiversity and evolution to medicine. They provide essential databases and software platforms as well as bioinformatics expertise and services to academic, clinical, and industry groups. SIB federates the Swiss bioinformatics community of some 800 scientists, encouraging collaboration and knowledge sharing. The Institute contributes to keeping Switzerland at the forefront of innovation by fostering progress in biological research and enhancing health.
Curious? Please click here to learn more about working at SIB.
SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics
Type of contract
- Plan and discharge on tasks, timelines and deliverables/milestones in liaison with the Vital-IT Director and associated national task forces.
- Coordinate and lead the Swiss Federated EGA Task Force.
- Supervise scientific work of staff working on the federated genomics infrastructure.
- Oversee and contribute to the timely and qualitative delivery of the project objectives.
- Oversee, design and implement appropriate standards, SOPs and a data management plan for use of the Swiss FEGA.
- Perform appropriate risk assessments in liaison with relevant Data Protection Officer(s) and ensure the implementation of data protection by design.
- Coordinate the development of a legal framework for Swiss FEGA, in collaboration with stakeholder legal offices.
- Align and reach consensus with project partners and stakeholders.
- Proactively onboard new partner organizations.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Deal with issues as they arise in a diplomatic and pragmatic way.
- Plan and monitor project budget.
- Master degree in computer science, bioinformatics, genomics or a related field.
- Certified in project management or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of computer science, data management would be an asset
- Sound understanding of ethical and legal implications of handling sensitive (genomic) data.
- 5+ years’ experience in management of large interdisciplinary projects and hands-on in computational science, bioinformatics or related field of application/research
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary environment
- Experience in legal and ethical aspects of handling sensitive data an asset.
- English: excellent
- French and/or German : an asset
- Proven effective planning management skills including team and multi-stakeholder projects, with the ability to prioritize work to deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience in fostering partnerships and collaboration with and between diverse and competing stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation skills and a diplomatic approach.
- Methodical and organizational skills including a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.