To reinforce our team in Bellinzona, Switzerland, we are seeking a Bioinformatic Software Developer.
Bioinformatic Software Developer
Type of contract
The successful candidate will work as part of an international team that is dedicated to understanding how molecular alterations promote tumorigenesis, and how gathered insights can be exploited to develop better therapies. The position offers excellent scientific opportunities in a highly stimulating and interdisciplinary environment involving close interactions between medical and basic scientists.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintenance and improvement of a new web application for mining prostate cancer RNAseq data, PCaProfiler, currently in closed beta testing at www.pcaprofilertest.tk (PMID: 34857732)
- Design and conduct analysis and develop or improve pipelines
- Nurture trustful relationships and effective collaboration with partners
Publications of the laboratory: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=Theurillat%2C+Jean-Philippe+%5BAuthor%5D
Our commitment: The position is located at the Institute of Oncology Research (IOR) in Southern Switzerland. The initial appointment with competitive salaries is for 1 year - 100%. The IOR in Bellinzona is a rapidly evolving, leading center for basic and translational cancer research located in brand-new research building with state-of-the-art facilities. The IOR is affiliated with the Università della Svizzera italiana (USI) and runs with the Euler Institute a world-wide recognized Computational Biomedicine program (www.euler.usi.ch). The IOR is also affiliated with the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics which offers a broad range of training programs.
- PhD in a quantitative field (e.g., mathematics, statistics, computer science, bioinformatics) with significant computational experience
- Strategic thinking, self-initiative, and a strong sense of accountability
- Experience with full-stack software development
- Good knowledge of Linux, git and docker
- Basic knowledge of R and data analysis
- Experience in Angular and Node.js
- Knowledge of MySQL and ORM ( Sequelize or similar )
- Experience with biological workflow management systems such as Nextflow or SnakeMake
- Experience with RNA-seq, ChIP-seq and scRNA-seq data analysis
How to apply