To reinforce our team in Bellinzona, Switzerland, we are seeking a NGS Data Analyst.
NGS Data Analyst
Type of contract
The successful candidate will work as part of an international team that is dedicated to understanding how molecular alterations promote tumorigenesis, and how gathered insights can be exploited to develop better therapies. The position offers excellent scientific opportunities in a highly stimulating and interdisciplinary environment involving close interactions between medical and basic scientists. Investigations range from projects related to:
- Integrated analysis of genomic, transcriptomic (including single-cell), and proteomic expression changes related to human prostate cancer progression (PMID: 34857732, https://pcaprofilertest.tk/public/home)
- Study of longitudinal molecular changes related to androgen receptor inhibition adaptation in different patient-derived xenograft models
- Single-cell RNA sequencing and analysis related to drug perturbations
Publications of the laboratory: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=Theurillat%2C+Jean-Philippe+%5BAuthor%5D
Our commitment: The position is located at the Institute of Oncology Research (IOR) in Southern Switzerland. The initial appointment with competitive salaries is for 1 year - 100%. The IOR in Bellinzona is a rapidly evolving, leading center for basic and translational cancer research located in brand-new research building with state-of-the-art facilities. The IOR is affiliated with the Università della Svizzera italiana (USI) and runs with the Euler Institute a world-wide recognized Computational Biomedicine program (www.euler.usi.ch). The IOR is also affiliated with the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics which offers a broad range of training programs.
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics/computational biology
- At least one first-author publication in a high-profile journal
- Extensive experience with RNA-seq, ChIP-seq and scRNA-seq data analysis
- Strategic thinking, self-initiative, and a strong sense of accountability with an ability and willingness to challenge, be challenged and learn
- Experience with DNA-seq of liquid biopsies
- Interest or experience in artificial intelligence and web tool programming
How to apply