Curious? Please click here to learn more about working at SIB.
SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics
Type of contract
This position is located at our main office in Lausanne at the heart of the UNIL-EPFL Campus on the lakeshore. As Linux specialist, you will be part of our IT department and work on various aspects of our IT Infrastructure, in particular Linux systems design and administration. On a daily basis, you will operate and support existing services, participate to the improvement of our IT landscape, hardening systems, managing upgrades and architecting solutions.
Main Job tasks
- Administration and installation of linux systems and related software.
- Recommend, architect, implement and develop solutions.
- Provide support for the various applications and services.
- Create documentation of services for proper operation.
Mandatory skills :
- Expert in Linux system administration
- Hands on knowledge of infrastructure automation (ie. Ansible)
- Familiarity with container and orchestration technologies like Docker or Kubernetes
- Fluent in French and English
Nice to have :
- Knowledge of LDAP, Active Directory and/or modern IAM solution
- Sound knowledge in Information Security
- Familiarity with a programming language and continuous integration/deployment tools
- Familiarity with Linux system components like iptables, pam auth modules, selinux, etc
- Knowledge of VMware and/or Openstack administration
- Knowledge of Database technologies
- Knowledge in macOS and Windows system administration