The SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics is an internationally recognized non-profit organization, dedicated to biological and biomedical data science. Its data scientists are passionate about creating knowledge and solving complex questions in many fields, from biodiversity and evolution to medicine. They provide essential databases and software platforms as well as bioinformatics expertise and services to academic, clinical, and industry groups. SIB federates the Swiss bioinformatics community of some 800 scientists, encouraging collaboration and knowledge sharing. The Institute contributes to keeping Switzerland at the forefront of innovation by fostering progress in biological research and enhancing health.
Curious? Please click here to learn more about working at SIB.
SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics
Type of contract
- Administration of Network and linux systems.
- Provide end user support for the various applications and services.
- Help research, recommend, implement, and develop solutions supporting end-user requests.
- Install and configure systems, peripherals, software and networks.
- Create documentation of services for proper operation.
- Expert in Linux system administration
- Hands on knowledge of infrastructure automation (ie. Ansible)
- Advanced knowledge in Networking
- Knowledge of LDAP, Active Directory and/or modern IAM solution
- Sound knowledge in Information Security
- Experience with user support
- Fluent in French and English
- Knowledge in macOS and Windows system administration
- Knowledge of VMware administration and other virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of Database technologies
- Knowledge of MS365 tools and services
- Familiarity with a programming language and continuous integration/deployment tools
- Familiarity with container and orchestration technologies like Docker or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Linux system components like iptables, pam auth modules, selinux, etc