The SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics is an internationally recognized non-profit organization, dedicated to biological and biomedical data science. Its data scientists are passionate about creating knowledge and solving complex questions in many fields, from biodiversity and evolution to medicine. They provide essential databases and software platforms as well as bioinformatics expertise and services to academic, clinical, and industry groups. SIB federates the Swiss bioinformatics community of some 800 scientists, encouraging collaboration and knowledge sharing. The Institute contributes to keeping Switzerland at the forefront of innovation by fostering progress in biological research and enhancing health.
Curious? Please click here to learn more about working at SIB.
To reinforce our team in Lausanne, Switzerland, we are seeking a System Administrator.
System Administrator (M365/support)
SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics
Type of contract
This position is located at our main office in Lausanne at the heart of the UNIL-EPFL Campus on the lakeshore. The System Administrator will be part of our IT department and will work on various aspects of our IT Infrastructure, in particular Microsoft 365 services. On a daily basis the Administrator is giving support to our users on everything Microsoft and Mac related. The person will operate and support existing services and contribute to system administration. The incumbent will play a key role in exchanging knowledge with the IT team in order to share best practices.
Main Job tasks:
- Administration of Microsoft 365 (MS365) services: Exchange online, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint online.
- Provide end user support for the various applications and services.
- Help research, recommend, implement, and develop solutions supporting end-user requests.
- Install and configure systems, peripherals, software and networks.
- Create documentation of services for proper operation.
- Keep track of Microsoft novelties and changes.
- Be the reference in everything Microsoft related, preach Microsoft tech to your colleagues.
Nice to have:
- Experience with user support
- Microsoft 365 administration (tenant, Exchange online, Onedrive, Teams and SharePoint online)
- Hands on knowledge of PowerShell
- Active Directory & AzureAD administration
- Fluent in French and English
Nice to have:
- Linux administration
- Network knowledge
- Knowledge of Mac
- LDAP systems other than Active Directory
- Microsoft certification is highly appreciated
We offer an exciting and challenging role with great potential for personal development within a unique organization providing the national and international life science community with a state-of-the-art bioinformatics infrastructure, including resources, expertise and services.
How to apply