Curious? Please click here to learn more about working at SIB.
SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics
Type of contract
Are you looking for a position where you can have an impact on the life of patients? As part of participating in providing tools to improve clinical interpretation, are you looking for a dynamic and flexible working environment? Then, this position is for you.
This Project Coordinator will be part of our Clinical Bioinformatics group. This dynamic and cutting-edge team focuses on the development of harmonized, state-of-the-art bioinformatics tools for the analysis and interpretation of clinical -omics data, covering a wide range of medical fields. These tools contribute to facilitating patient management, as well as diagnostic and treatment decisions in hospitals throughout Switzerland.
We are currently seeking a project coordinator to monitor operations related to the development and maintenance of Clinical Bioinformatics' projects, under the supervision of the lead project managers.
This person’s mission will be to:
- Monitor the projects' timelines in support of the lead project managers.
- Monitor administrative timelines (grants, reporting…)
- Monitor internal deliverables and milestones timelines
- Anticipate and escalate planning deviations
- Ensure the technical and scientific user support for Clinical Bioinformatics collaborative platforms
- Participate to users’ needs collection and documentation (e.g. tools functionalities, ontologies, bioinformatics) for those platforms
- Participate in projects' meetings, including with external partners
- Travel within Switzerland as required to foster interactions and collaborations with hospitals and other SIB groups (mostly day trips)
Start date: 01 Jul 2022
- Good knowledge in information technology and computational biology/bioinformatics
- Understanding of the specificities of bioinformatics applied to clinical practice
- Knowledge of bash and Python
- Rigorous and strong organisational skills
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English, written and spoken
- Some practical experience in project management in multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in fields related to microbiology, oncology or medical genetics
- Experience in multi-site projects
- Basic knowledge of databases