The SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics is an internationally recognized non-profit organization, dedicated to biological and biomedical data science. Its data scientists are passionate about creating knowledge and solving complex questions in many fields, from biodiversity and evolution to medicine. They provide essential databases and software platforms as well as bioinformatics expertise and services to academic, clinical, and industry groups. SIB federates the Swiss bioinformatics community of some 800 scientists, encouraging collaboration and knowledge sharing. The Institute contributes to keeping Switzerland at the forefront of innovation by fostering progress in biological research and enhancing health.Curious? Please click here to learn more about working at SIB.
SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics
80% - 100%
Type of contract
We are looking for an experienced Communications Manager to join our Communications and Scientific Events team. If you are passionate about life sciences and want to contribute to our mission to support research and healthcare, we would like to hear from you.
How you will contribute:
Scientific content writing/editing
- Write impactful and easily digestible content around complex scientific or technical topics, (academic computational biology papers, national and international infrastructure projects, data management initiatives, and science policies) as per the scientific content strategy and editorial line of the institute;
- Ensure the dissemination of content produced across all channels (website, news, newsletters, social media, press releases, speeches, letters, presentations, annual report);
- Proofread and edit texts for other colleagues and teams in English, French, and, ideally, German;
- Monitor and evaluate results of communication actions with the team;
- Proactively identify communication opportunities to feed the content strategy.
- Manage communication projects (e.g. videos, social media campaigns, annual activity reports) from planning and development through to approval processes and delivery/publication. This includes coordination with internal and external project stakeholders, creative agencies, etc.
Social media management (Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Craft engaging campaigns around specific topics, which are adapted to the target audience and chosen channel;
- Community management.
What you are bringing:
- 5 years in a similar Communication position
- Experience in an educational/academic/lifescience or healthcare environment an asset
- University degree in Biology (MSc or PhD) is mandatory. A degree in Communications or Journalism an asset
- Excellent writing and editing skills: capacity to translate complex concepts into engaging and impactful stories for various audiences
- Great organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge and curiosity for digital communications and social media best practices
- Command of MS office tools (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Fluent in English and French (oral and written), German an asset
- Self-driven and creative
- Capacity to think visually to provide input to graphic designers or illustrators
- A keen eye for detail
- Capacity to respect deadlines
- Flexibility, adaptability to shifting priorities
- Ability to multi-task
- Good interpersonal and collaborative skills, strong team spirit