Centre hospitalier universitaire vaudois (CHUV)
80% - 100%
Type of contract
The Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) is one of five Swiss university hospitals. Through its collaboration with the Faculty of Biology and Medicine of the University of Lausanne and the EPFL, CHUV plays a leading role in the areas of medical care, medical research, and training.
The mission of the Biomedical Data Science Center is to develop and apply (in collaboration with researchers and clinicians) computer and statistical methods for accessing and analyzing large amounts of genomic, clinical, and experimental data (single-cell RNAseq, spatial transcriptomics, CyTOF, etc) in order to accelerate medical discoveries that will help us treat our patients better. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a dynamic and growing team. You will also have the opportunity to support major national and international scientific collaborations relating to important medical problems (cancer, COVID, HIV, etc.).
- You will support the development of robust and efficient computational infrastructure to take advantage of large datasets generated by novel experimental technologies to accelerate translational discoveries across the CHUV Community
- You will work on software development, primarily related to annotation and analysis of high-throughput biological data using R / Bioconductor (and related) tools
- You will write robust code for efficiently organizing and processing large volumes of experimental and annotation data
- You will have responsibility for implementing large-scale data management and analysis solutions that integrate with the R environment
- You will also participate in Bioconductor activities involved with user interaction such as: technical support contact through the Bioconductor mailing list, new feature requests and training courses or annual conferences.
The Lausanne University Hospital is located in the vibrant city of Lausanne, one of the most cultural and economic dynamic cities in Switzerland. Our new center is part of the main Hospital campus, and benefits from direct interactions with scientists and clinicians located here (including at the new AGORA cancer cluster). We are also two metro stations from the Biopole life sciences campus that hosts a large number of research groups and life sciences companies. You will work in a fantastic environment where fundamental and clinical research meet to accelerate new breakthroughs that will ultimately transform patient care.
Our organization aims to make the world a better place, and we strongly believe in a healthy work-life balance. As a group, we value inclusion and a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to inform our work. We believe in supporting each other through mentorship and providing resources for professional development.
To become an employee of the world-famous University Hospital Center from the Canton of Vaud is an assurance of:
- First-degree social benefits and 20-days paternity leave
- Regular salary progression adapted to responsibilities
- 13th salary guaranteed and 25 days of vacation per year
- A right to a minimum of three days of training per year, with access to a wide offer within the CHUV Training Center and through external partners of the State of Vaud
- Possibility to access one of the 500 furnished apartments offered in the surrounding neighborhoods in case of relocation
- Social, cultural and economic benefits offered to members of the H-Oxygène association
- Benefits offered as part of the Mobility Plan (discounts on public transport subscriptions, promotion of “Mobility” vehicles and discounts on the purchase of electric bicycles)
- Corporate restaurants of hotel quality, in the hospital buildings, with preferential rates.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree with at least one year of experience in biostatistics, computer science, bioinformatics, or related disciplines; you’re curious and enthusiastic about molecular biological processes
- You’re very familiar with programming languages, especially C and R combined with a knowledge of statistical concepts and methods; an enthusiasm for diverse programming languages and paradigms is a plus
- You have an extensive knowledge of modern web services implementations You’re experienced with software development best practices (use of version control, unit tests, agile project management, and creation of end-user documentation); an ability to implement reusable, user-directed software is a plus
- Familiarity with managing high-volume genomic data, such as from next-generation sequence pipelines, and with relevant public annotation resources, is a plus
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French would be a plus
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Creative thinking
Start date: 01 Jun 2022
Application deadline: 30 May 2022