The SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics is an internationally recognized non-profit organization, dedicated to biological and biomedical data science. Its data scientists are passionate about creating knowledge and solving complex questions in many fields, from biodiversity and evolution to medicine. They provide essential databases and software platforms as well as bioinformatics expertise and services to academic, clinical, and industry groups. SIB federates the Swiss bioinformatics community of some 800 scientists, encouraging collaboration and knowledge sharing. The Institute contributes to keeping Switzerland at the forefront of innovation by fostering progress in biological research and enhancing health.
Curious? Please click here to learn more about working at SIB.
To reinforce our team in Geneva, Switzerland, we are seeking a Full Stack Web Developer.
Full Stack Web Developer
SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics
Type of contract
Are you a Senior Developer with the below requested experience in full stack web development looking for a position where you can have an impact on the life of patients? A part of participating in providing tools to improve clinical interpretation, are you looking for a dynamic and flexible working environment? Then, this position is for you.
This Full Stack Web Developer will be part of our Clinical Bioinformatics group. This dynamic and cutting-edge team focuses on the development of harmonized, state-of-the-art bioinformatics tools for the analysis and interpretation of clinical -omics data, covering a wide range of medical fields. These tools contribute to facilitating patient management, as well as diagnostic and treatment decisions in hospitals throughout Switzerland.
We are currently seeking a full stack web developer with a strong Java/Spring Boot background, to participate in defining the functional specifications of web-based bioinformatics applications developed for the clinical field and be responsible for their development. In addition, the person that will join this great team will be responsible for ensuring the technical coordination and functional supervision of the group's other developers.
This person’s mission will be to:
- Participate in the collection of clinical users’ needs (functional specifications), in collaboration with other Clinical Bioinformatics colleagues
- Lead the full stack development of some of the projects (Vue.js, Vuetify, Spring Boot)
- Conduct end-to-end application testing
- Ensure the delivery of milestones with clinical-grade quality
- Actively remain up to date on web development tools and methods
- Be responsible for pro-actively defining, implementing and applying the appropriate development practices for the groups' developers, to ensure efficiency and compliance with common best practices
- Ensure tools maintenance and end-users support as needed
- Write or participate in the writing of documentation as needed (user documentation, software documentation)
- Travel within Switzerland as required to collaborate with hospitals and other SIB groups (20%, mostly day trips)
- Knowledge in relational databases
- Practical experience with Git
- Effective organizational skills
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English, written and spoken
- Knowledge of Django
- Understanding of the specificities of the clinical or medical field
- Basic knowledge of high throughput -omics technologies
- French and/or German language
How to apply