To reinforce our team in Geneva, Switzerland, we are seeking a Postdoctoral.
Postdoctoral researcher - Data sciences
HEG Geneva (HES-SO)
Type of contract
HES-SO University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland-Geneva is recruiting for the Geneva School of Business Administration in Business Information Science department a position of a Postdoctoral Researcher in Data Sciences.
In a dynamic environment, directly connected to the business milieu, in particular with start-ups and SMEs, we offer a position allowing you to:
- To develop skills in applied research-related activities;
- To demonstrate autonomy and initiative in varied activities.
To help develop the portfolio of large-scale data sciences projects in the health and life sciences fields according to the axes of excellence of the Business Information System research groups:
- Machine learning (e.g., predictive and generative models, graph networks, transformers, PyTorch, etc.);
- Text mining/NLP (e.g., masked language models, NER, information retrieval, ...);
- Big Data analytics (e.g., graph databases, Elasticsearch, Spark/Hadoop, CouchDB, etc.).
Contract length: 12 months
Expected start date: 15.06.2021
- A PhD degree in a STEM field (computer sciences, physics, engineering, etc.);
- Proven research experience in the field of data sciences (machine learning, text mining, graph algorithms, etc.);
- Excellent programming skills in Python or JAVA;
- Experience in participation in research projects of national or international scope (SNF, EU FP7, H2020, NIH, ...);
- Sense of human relations and ability to integrate into a team;
- Flexibility, autonomy and organization;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
How to apply