The SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics is an internationally recognized non-profit foundation, focusing on biological and biomedical data science. Its data scientists are passionate about solving complex questions in many fields, from medicine to evolution and biodiversity, and offer their expertise and services to academic, clinical, and industry groups. SIB also federates the Swiss bioinformatics community of some 800 scientists, fostering collaborations and knowledge sharing. The Institute contributes to keeping Switzerland at the forefront of innovation by supporting progress in biological research and enhancing health.
Curious? Please click here
to learn more about working at SIB.
To reinforce our Personalized Health Informatics (PHI) Group in Basel, Switzerland, we are seeking a hands-on Technical Coordinator (80-100%) to help coordinate, support and advance the diverse activities at the core of the BioMedIT Network.
Technical Coordinator BioMedIT Project (80% - 100%)
SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics
80% - 100%
Type of contract
- Develop documentation (e.g. Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, etc.) for use on BioMedIT in collaboration with BioMedIT personnel;
- Continuously upgrade documentation based on experiences in use, user feedback and updates to software and infrastructure on the BioMedIT network;
- BioMedIT Helpdesk Operations: first point of support for BioMedIT users; monitor and manage the BioMedIT ticketing system; user support (such as identity validation, key signing, creating user accounts, etc.); first-level support for all BioMedIT tools and services; assisting onboarding of researchers and data providers to the BioMedIT Network; monitor and report on issues raised by BioMedIT users;
- Coordination of BioMedIT back office functions;
- Produce training materials and tutorials for BioMedIT;
- Manage the (future) BioMedIT website, develop and/or update content;
- Review and test new developments in BioMedIT;
- Support PHI in recording, editing and distributing (multimedia) material from SPHN/PHI seminars, conferences or meetings;
- Support other PHI activities.
In return for your work, the SIB offers a flexible, dynamic working environment, opportunities for personal and professional development, and a good work-life balance. The working place is Basel (in close proximity to the SBB station). More information about the PHI Group and its activities is available at:
You hold a qualification in a related field, such as information technology/ICT, computer science, or management information systems (from a university of applied sciences, apprenticeship with additional 2-3 years of work experience, or equivalent). You have proficient related technical skills and ideally experience within an organization’s IT department working as a technician or analyst. Experience in technical writing will be an asset, and familiarity with project coordination or project management is desirable.
A collaborative spirit and a supportive, solution oriented attitude is key to succeed in this role. Detail orientation and a systematic way of thinking are among your strengths. You are an excellent team player and you are flexible and adaptable, and cope well with new challenges and moving targets. You have demonstrable experience of problem solving and independent, critical thinking. Outstanding writing and communication skills are expected in English and at least one national language (German and/or French).
Previous experience working on a helpdesk will be advantageous but is not essential if the appropriate understanding and aptitudes can be demonstrated in the application.
There is some flexibility in the start date. Please get in touch for more information.
How to apply