SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics
Type of contract
The primary job consists in:
- Teaching courses (together with a senior team member)
- Running a project-data analysis service (together with a senior team member)
- Contributing to biomedical research projects and to publishing results
- Assisting and consulting scientists at all levels from master students to professors.
The most typical data analysis types include :
- Molecular data (genome and exome NGS for mutation calling; mRNA and miRNA quantification, ChIP-seq data, siRNA and drug screens)
- Multivariable statistical association and regression analyses, hypothesis testing, survival analysis etc.
- Biological and molecular information in forms of gene sets, gene networks, tumor subtypes and the like.
genomic center of the University Lausanne, in a mixed experimental-bioinformatics environment, on the UNIL-EPFL lakeside campus. The BCF is associated to the new inter-institutional Swiss Cancer
Center Lausanne, the local Ludwig Cancer Center / Oncology Department of the University and Hospital Lausanne.
- Interest for research at the crossroads of experimental and computation methods within a heterogeneous team (biology, genomics, computing, statistics, informatics)
- Passion and skills for teaching, typically 3 to 5-days long intensive block courses focused on a specific bioinformatics or statistical topic
- Ability and ambition to help to drive projects and to further develop a small bioinformatics service unit
- Interest in Modern Biology and Medicine and modern research
- Strong team attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
Additional specific skills of interest
- Expertise in advanced biostatistical methods for the analysis of genomic / genetic data, specifically in the use of the R software environment
- Experience in heavy computational data analysis and advanced programming and management.
Salary & Benefits
Salary: 70-90k CHF (65-80 k€) per year, depending on experience and qualifications.
We also offer an attractive Swiss social security system.
Lausanne is a beautiful lakeside city, with excellent universities, a nice campus, and a dynamically growing economy, in the French speaking Alps area.