Sales & Marketing Manager - Swiss Travel System, Southeast Asia
Does the tourism industry excite you?
Each day, the 240 employees at our Zurich headquarters and in 33 offices in 22 markets use innovative and unconventional means to market Switzerland as an especially attractive and diverse travel destination.
Swiss Travel System Ltd. (STS Ltd.) is a Zurich based marketing company co-founded by Swiss Federal Railways (SBB), Switzerland Tourism and five private railway companies. Its mission is the joint worldwide marketing of Switzerland's comprehensive public transport network. The key tasks include the global marketing of the Swiss public transport nationwide and the incoming ticket range, as well as the promotion of cross-border travel from Switzerland’s neighboring countries.
As per June 1, 2022 or upon agreement we are looking for an experienced and motivated professional to fill this varied position, based at the Swiss Embassy in Singapore and administratively fully integrated in the ST/Embassy team, with functional leadership by the Head of Market Management at STS Ltd. (based in Switzerland).
Your area of responsibility
- Secure sustainable sales growth for STS in Southeast Asia, including cross-border traffic to Switzerland
- Relationship management with local travel trade and media professionals
- Plan, execute and coordinate with relevant stakeholders to successfully implement sales and marketing activities on relevant customer touchpoints
- Manage and develop direct and indirect sales accounts for Swiss public transport
- Adjust Swiss public transport content for trade and media professionals to local needs & trends
- Represent STS in Southeast Asia
- Manage assigned budget and KPIs
- Report marketing activities and ensuing results regularly to STS and ST
- Minimum five years of experience in sales and marketing
- Proven track record within the Southeast Asian travel industry as a strong asset
- Excellent written and spoken English (German or French an advantage)
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment working independently and results oriented
- Ability to manage projects from A to Z with a flair for creativity
- Strong sales, negotiation, communication and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of Switzerland as a vacation destination and of its public transport system preferred
- Willingness to travel extensively within Southeast Asia and occasionally to Switzerland
- Due to the nature of the job a Singaporean or Swiss national with residence in Singapore or Singapore PR will be given preference
- Varied and wide-ranging responsibilities
- Attractive employment conditions in a multicultural environment
- Competitive local salary (Salary range: SGD 4,500 – SGD 5,500)
- Part of a dynamic team of motivated colleagues
- Represent a highly aspirational and sought-after destination / product