Social Media Manager & Media Relations Central USA & Texas.
Does an attractive social media and media relations position in New York excite you?
Switzerland Tourism is the marketing organization for the national and international promotion of Switzerland as a vacation, travel and convention destination. Each day, the 240 employees at our Zurich headquarters and in 26 countries around the world use innovative and unconventional means to market Switzerland as an especially attractive and diverse travel destination.
For the North American representations in New York we are looking for a motivated colleague with excellent language skills, an outgoing personality and independent working style for this vacant position in a team of four media relations professionals.
Your area of responsibility
- Prepare social media campaigns, feed and monitor social media channels, liaison integrated digital campaigns with promotion department
- Design concepts and execution of influencer projects
- Build and foster network with media contacts, including influencers and social media outlets
- Prepare content for media professionals
- Support team in responding to media inquiries and pitching of story ideas
- Coordinate, organize and escort individual and group media trips to Switzerland
- Plan and organize media events
- Liaison with regional Swiss partners
- Manage reporting of media results and database management
- General support for media team
- Swiss nationality is required with no past working history in the US
- Educational background and minimum three years experience in Public Relations
- Profound knowledge and proven track record in the field of social media
- Excellent command of English (oral and written) and good knowledge of German and French
- Superior knowledge of Switzerland as a travel destination
- High level of initiative, creativity and entrepreneurial thinking
- Sound organizational and communication skills, including good writing skills
- Excellent team work spirit
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Excellent Swiss employment conditions and benefits
- An interesting and diverse position
- Modern office space in a prime Manhattan location
- Highly motivated colleagues